PDA

View Full Version : A few ready for turkey season

Bill Hunt
02-04-2011, 2:28 PM
Here's 30 calls and a bunch of strikers ready for the upcoming season. I'll try to add a couple of photos to show the texturing I've added this year. Sorry about the bluring of the photo of the 30 pots. I was holding the camera and shaking from the cold. It takes my two propane heaters a while to warm up the shop.

I'm not much of a photographer but the rest were taken with camera mounted on a tripod. If I added too many I apologize. C&C always welcome

Bill Hunt

Tim Thiebaut
02-04-2011, 2:47 PM
Wow! That is a bunch of turkey pots! That must have kept you busy for a little while at least, good job on them. I just got my first kits to try making these this week so will be giving this a try myself pretty soon. Oh and I think they raised the limit of photos up to 8 per post so your ok with that.

bob svoboda
02-04-2011, 2:58 PM
Nice, Bill. I really like the spiral handles on the strikers.

Bill Hunt
02-04-2011, 3:50 PM
Thanks, Bob, i got the Sorby Texturing tool when Craft Supplies had a one day sale on dec. 29th. I think it was 15 or 20% off. This is all I've tried so far but I like the results.
Bill

Steve Schlumpf
02-04-2011, 4:08 PM
Really nice variety of calls Bill! I like your use of color and texture! Should be big sellers!

Pierce Davidson
02-04-2011, 5:53 PM
The texturing is really nice.

Gene Tereba
02-04-2011, 6:03 PM
nice calls...would like to try my hand at turning one for myself this year.... any overviews available on the physics for the calls?

Jon McElwain
02-04-2011, 7:28 PM
any overviews available on the physics for the calls?

Being from Alaska, and more recently Colorado, I have not had the opportunity to hunt turkey. Mind you, I have kept busy with hunting big game, and fishing for salmon and halibut... Anyway, I would love to hear some more about turkey hunting and the use of these pots.

Good looking pots there - I don't think that I have ever made that many of anything!

John Keeton
02-04-2011, 8:22 PM
Interesting assortment!! I really like the strikers and their variations.

Bernie Weishapl
02-04-2011, 9:23 PM
Really nice assortment Bill. That kept ya busy.

Bill Hunt
02-05-2011, 8:55 AM
Thanks for your comments folks, I hope this will be enough to get through the spring season. I'm ready to move on to other things.
Bill