PDA

View Full Version : Olive Wood Pizza Cutter

Tim Thiebaut
02-04-2011, 2:27 PM
A little project I picked up at Rocklers yesterday while I was there, I saw these nice pieces of Olive wood there and thought I wood grab a few to try....hey olives go good on pizzas right so for me it just fits...very easy to make and put together and this thing is a bear, solid stainless steel, if this one ever breaks like our old ones did I will just use a knife from now on to cut my pizza!

bob svoboda
02-04-2011, 2:55 PM
Nice handle, Tim. I'll order a pizza from you but hold the Olive Wood!

Roger Chandler
02-04-2011, 3:18 PM
good looking handle Tim. Nice project!

Tim Rinehart
02-04-2011, 4:10 PM
Nice choice of woods for the handle...I'm sure that will hold up. Looks good all around!
Did you put a finish on, not that it probably needs more than a bit of oil to seal it, if that.

Steve Schlumpf
02-04-2011, 4:26 PM
Nice project! Good looking handle!

Jon McElwain
02-04-2011, 4:38 PM
I like the handle, nice work, looks like you won't loose your grip cutting one of those deep pies! How is the quality of the hardware? I saw those in Craft Supplies or something - looked pretty nice.

Bernie Weishapl
02-04-2011, 9:28 PM
Great looking handle. Nicely done.

Jon Lanier
02-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Sweet... my favorite pizza cutter.

Tim Thiebaut
02-04-2011, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone, I know this is a simple little project but it was fun and fast to make. I did put a finish on it, I used Mylands friction finish on it, being stainless it should clean pretty easy by hand but if you want to throw it in the dishwasher you can just unscrew the handle from it and throw the stainless part in the dishwasher, it uses a threaded insert that you install...I also used epoxy on it, then just screw on the working portion once the epoxy has setup. It does seem very well made, and should last for years.

John Keeton
02-05-2011, 7:26 AM
Tim, it may be a simple project, but you really did an excellent job with the shaping of the handle - not as easy as it appears to get both ends the same. Clean work!!

Ron Stadler
02-05-2011, 9:26 AM
Well by looking at the pics it sure looks like a good kit, nice job on your handle.

Tim Thiebaut
02-05-2011, 2:43 PM
Thanks guys, your opinions mean a lot to me!

Jim Burr
02-05-2011, 3:50 PM
Looks like something Hannible Lechter would use! That is a better cutter that a lot of the kits I've seen...very well done Tim!