Martin Boekers
02-04-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm looking for a glass coaster set,
anyone know of a good supplier?

Thanks!

Marty

Chris DeGerolamo
02-04-2011, 1:40 PM
Can't help you on that, however if you were ambitious enough/price was right, you could cut them yourself or maybe have a local glass shop do it then add silicon feet yourself. You would save on shipping costs too...

Martin Boekers
02-04-2011, 2:42 PM
I can get glass tiles at Lowes,that will work but I wanted to try to find a set of 4 with a holder.

Thanks for the input though!

Joe De Medeiros
02-04-2011, 2:51 PM
Can't help you on that, however if you were ambitious enough/price was right, you could cut them yourself or maybe have a local glass shop do it then add silicon feet yourself. You would save on shipping costs too...

As easy as that sounds, you are still forgetting that you need to grind/polish the edges, and that adds to the cost. I have seen them at the Dollar-Rama type stores, I don't know if they have those in your area.

Chris DeGerolamo
02-04-2011, 3:10 PM
As easy as that sounds, you are still forgetting that you need to grind/polish the edges, and that adds to the cost. I have seen them at the Dollar-Rama type stores, I don't know if they have those in your area.

I had not forgotten, just chose not to elaborate on that aspect. I like your Dollar Store/Rama idea though.

Dee Gallo
02-04-2011, 7:13 PM
K-Mart sells sets with either black or white borders for $9.99 for 4 glass coasters in a wooden holder. Don't know if you can engrave through the border or not.The center is blank to hold a photo.

:) dee

edit: if you Google "glass coaster set" you'll get a bunch of hits, even Amazon sells them ($7/set of 4)

Joe Kace
02-05-2011, 5:48 AM
Hi Martin

Lasersketch has a jade glass coaster set with holder. It is under laser engravable giftware. It has new signs flashing next to it. Hope it helps you out.

Joe

Martin Boekers
02-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks all for the help! I was hoping to find an "engraving supply vendor" as it seem that lately I have been
having to make more and more "runs around the neighborhood" for products.

Oh well... do what you have to do....Time to hit the snowy streets!

Tony Lenkic
02-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Martin,

Check with this company if they have something you are after.

http://www.incasagifts.com/Wedding-Favors/Coaster-Favors