PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Good Customer Service

Mike Null
02-04-2011, 5:14 AM
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Delta table saw on the Classifed Forum. The saw was as advertised but on assembly I found a small, somewhat non-essential, part was missing. I also didn't get all the owners manual and I had a question about the fence adjustment.

Anyway I called the Porter Cable-Delta-Dewalt number and was quickly connected to customer support where the gentleman answered my questions and offered to send the part and the manual at no charge.

I couldn't ask for much better than that.

Paul McGaha
02-04-2011, 5:19 AM
Mike,

Glad to hear it.

I own a few Delta pieces (as I'm sure a lot of us do) and we need good customer service on occasion to maintain our equipment.

PHM

George Bregar
02-04-2011, 9:01 AM
I had a similar experience with a Dewalt 735 I got off craigslist. Guy bought it cheap at a police auction, and I bought it cheap from him. It must have been stolen early in its life because it seemed new...except it was missing the dust adapter and T-wrench. I contacted Porter Cable-Delta-Dewalt and got both free.

Russell Smallwood
02-04-2011, 1:46 PM
yup, bought a drill press from Lowes on closeout. It was the floor model (It was a steal so I didn't care). Got it home and realized a few of the parts were missing. Called Delta, credit card in hand. They sent me the replacement parts at no charge.

Dave Clermont
02-04-2011, 1:52 PM
Similar experience with Generac - Bought a display model generator from Lowes - was missing a few things like the power cord and battery charger - I called Generac up expecting to have to purchase it and they sent everything for nothing. Can't beat that or the deal I got on the generator :)

glenn bradley
02-04-2011, 4:47 PM
This is great to hear about Delta. They were so slow to respond in the past. Maybe the new owners paid attention to some of the surveys from the past. I hope for more good news to come ;-)

Matt Meiser
02-04-2011, 5:18 PM
I had a similar experience with a floor-model planer except there was a 6 week wait for the parts.

What did they send you for a manual? The manual was missing from my factory-sealed DW745 table saw box so I called to get one and got a poor photocopy. Now frankly it doesn't really make a difference as far as using the manual but it did put me off a little.