Brian Deakin
02-03-2011, 4:55 PM
Can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy whiteside router bits from

regards Brian

Van Huskey
02-03-2011, 5:01 PM
Can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy whiteside router bits from

regards Brian

Holbren and Carbide Processors are both Friends of the Creek, CP offers a 10% off any order and 15% off over $100 for creekers coupon code "creekers", Holbren offers 10% off to creekers code "SMC10" and free shipping at $75. I think both of their shipping costs are very resonable for small orders.

Bobby Knourek
02-03-2011, 5:23 PM
Woodworkers Tool Works sells Whiteside and will ship same day if needed.
Whiteside has been one of the best router bit manufacturers that we have represented and feel their quality is second
to none. We also double their warrenty as well as offer a free sharpening when purchased by phone.
(our store is still under construction)

Ron Bontz
02-03-2011, 7:45 PM
Oh sure. Now you tell me. Bought two more sets of rail and stile cutters by Whiteside a little over a month ago. Very good bits. BTW, Thanks for your help on the cutters, Bob.

Van Huskey
02-03-2011, 7:50 PM
Woodworkers Tool Works sells Whiteside and will ship same day if needed.
Whiteside has been one of the best router bit manufacturers that we have represented and feel their quality is second
to none. We also double their warrenty as well as offer a free sharpening when purchased by phone.
(our store is still under construction)

Bobby, I apologize for not including you in my list. I tend to think of you when it comes to "old" stuff not the new stuff! I have seen some of your work on friends bandsaw guides and it is EXCELLENT!

Chris Ricker
02-03-2011, 8:32 PM
Hey Brian;
Check out Hartville Tool, They have extended their Holiday Sale till February 28th and the Whiteside bits are on sale for 20% off regular price. I think you use the coupon code HSAVE20 at checkout, but check their website to be sure.
I use Whiteside all the time, I've found that they work very well for me.
Best of luck
CR

Craig Michael
02-03-2011, 9:01 PM
http://www.routerbits.com/

Excellent selection and very reasonable shipping. All the bits are whiteside unless they say otherwise. I'd say 90% of them are whiteside.

Greg R Bradley
02-03-2011, 9:15 PM
http://www.routerbits.com/

Excellent selection and very reasonable shipping. All the bits are whiteside unless they say otherwise. I'd say 90% of them are whiteside.

That is AKA Tyler Tool. They may have been completely cleaned out with their blowout sale during the last 5 weeks. They might have removed the remaining Whiteside stuff for routerbits.com but it didn't look like it. With the last stuff going at 40% off their normal prices, which were reasonable, I would say they are out of business or blowing out virtually all their inventory in order to continue some part of their business. If routerbits.com AKA Tyler Tool is still in business, Carbide Processors is still better to deal with and less expensive.

Carbide Processors is a good 10-15% off Tyler Tools prices before the blowout. If Carbide Processors was giving additional discounts with a sawmillcreek code, they had great prices but during the last few weeks Tyler was still below that with 40% off their normal prices. Tyler Tool is horrible to deal with. Carbide Processors is wonderful to deal with.

Brian Deakin
02-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Thank you all for your replies Carbide processing seems an interesting avenue to explore

regards Brian

mike ash
02-06-2011, 3:31 PM
I buy mine at Woodcraft. Each month they have a special on a different Whitecraft bit. And there will be a 40th anniversary sale coming up soon. Plus you get a 10% off when your birthday rolls around. So, you'll have plenty of opportunities to spend money on Whiteside bits.

Incidently, I have been using Whiteside for about 10 years and think they provide me the best service of any I've used.