PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mick Eminger from Cactus

John Frazee
02-03-2011, 3:56 PM
Don't know how many of you knew Mick or bought his products but I just read where he passed away on or about Jan 20. He owned Cactus Coatings and then Cactus Equipment. His products were sublimation related and I know some of you here do sublimation as I do. He did the industry well and will be missed by many.

Mike Null
02-03-2011, 4:04 PM
I knew Mick by telephone only but found him to be a great guy and very knowledgeable about sublimation and cltt as well.

Larry Bratton
02-03-2011, 4:51 PM
I knew Mick by phone only also, but he was a great guy. He was kind of the pioneer of OEM transfer, was a chemist and I think ran a huge sublimation coating operation at one time. Paramount Services down in Florida was an affiliated company that sold his transfer paper and other things for him. He was always willing to help with technical questions about toner transfer and really knew his stuff. Sorry to hear of his passing, he will be missed.

Dan Hintz
11-23-2012, 6:07 PM
Just came across this while doing some late-even8ing CLTT research. Does anyone know if Mick's products continue to be manufactured/sold?

Mark Sipes
11-23-2012, 7:05 PM
I know his coating process was moved off shore. The last mugs I ordered from Marck and Associates. had the Cactus Logo on them.....

http://cactusmugs.com/ and don't forget about his oven wraps....