PDA

View Full Version : Biesemeyer fence on a Unisaw 35 825 question

Joseph D'Orazio
02-01-2011, 10:46 PM
I am wanting to put a Biesemeyer fence on a Unisaw 35 825. Can I just buy a fence or do I need different rails? Thanks in advance

Bob Wingard
02-02-2011, 12:01 AM
What kind of rails are currently on the saw ???

Tony Bilello
02-02-2011, 12:25 AM
I liked it better. Best feature was that you could pull the fence pretty far back and use it as 'stop block' for repetive cuts. Also the fencce will lay in the flat position allowing you to cut a piece of wood against the fence with laminate overhanging the low section of the fence. Just some of the features that came in handy when building custom furniture.

Joseph D'Orazio
02-02-2011, 7:37 AM
There is that big long rail that sits on the leading edge of the saw. Its longer than the cast iron. There in no fence with the saw. I use my mentors unisaw fence and it works well enough but I think I would like the Biesemeyer style fence. Does it take a different type of rail?

Steve Schoene
02-02-2011, 9:49 AM
The Biesemeyer and Unifence use different rails. If your current rails work with the Unifence, then you would have to replace both rails and fence.

Joseph D'Orazio
02-02-2011, 9:52 AM
The Biesemeyer and Unifence use different rails. If your current rails work with the Unifence, then you would have to replace both rails and fence.
Thank You. The saw did not come with a fence. I can, however, compare my bosses fence with this one I suppose. I do appreciate the help.