PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my drill press....

John Cavanaugh
02-01-2011, 9:46 PM
Well Im in the process of adding some accessories to my drill press, namely the SteelCity laser, a new Jacobs style keyless chuck, a dp table Im building and my already completed stand.

I found a great deal on a Jacobs style chuck from ebay and decided to give it a whirl. It looks heavy & solid, hope it performs well, but hey for $23 I cant expect super quality.

But what really brings me to the point of this post. Check out the photo of the chuck box. It totally cracked me up.... ;-)

Marty Paulus
02-01-2011, 9:54 PM
Another great example of the foreign language translation SNAFU. My guess is it was written in Asia somewhere (China or Japan)

Van Huskey
02-02-2011, 1:31 AM
Good luck with the chuck! Let us know how it goes.

I have alway wondered why it would be so hard to have "camera ready art" and American written manuals for products. It just seems lazy and dumb from a sales point of view. I bought a laser level at Rockler before christmas during one of their sales to put in a homeowners tool kit for our families "dirty Santa" game, I can't remember the word but it had a simple word spelled about as incorrectly as you possibly could.

Matt Winterowd
02-02-2011, 11:25 AM
I believe it was my Nova lathe that came with a Quality Assurance Inspection checklist card that contained several gross misspellings and grammatical errors. Very reassuring.