PDA

View Full Version : End-O-Pond Initial Report

Jason Roehl
04-12-2003, 11:12 PM
I just arrived home from the doin's at Ray &Lynn Thompson's in Anderson, IN. As I write this short note, to my knowledge, lies of woodworking feats are still being told around a fire. I was very pleased to see many of the people I had just met at my first Pond event in January (also at Ray's), along with a whole host of others I could have only hoped to meet. I will post pics and more detail tomorrow, but I can say that I am disappointed in the SW corner of the US, as they sent no representatives--WA, FL, and NY all had residents make the journey, as well as at least one "foreigner" from the North. With wives and munchkins, all told there had to have been over 75 present.

Now, for those of you who did not attend, you have used your one "Get-Out-of-Jail-Free" card, and no excuses will be accepted next time. Trust me, I'm being nice. One of the largest attendees had stronger words.:D

Well, I'm going to hit the showers, then the hay--I'm beat. They "made" me turn my first bowl...

Joe Tonich
04-13-2003, 7:14 PM
Originally posted by Jason Roehl
They "made" me turn my first bowl...

And if you noticed, NOBODY was standing in the "line of fire" while you were doing it!!! :D

Joe