PDA

View Full Version : White Cap Diamond Engraving Cutters/Tips

John S James
02-01-2011, 9:40 AM
Hi folks,

Just wanted to pick your brains if I can. We currently run 3 diamond drag machines and a 30 watt lazer. We have been buying 11/64 X 7 inch 120 degree engraving tips from J&M Diamond Tool. These come with a Red plastic tip guard. They are a great general purpose diamond tip however I'm trying to trace a company that produces a 6 1/2 inch version which come with a white plastic protective cap. They seem to work better for us but I'm at a loss to find the manufacturer or wholesaler. They are made in the States somewhere but I just can't seem to locate them on the Web.

Any help gratefully received. :)

JSJ

Mike Null
02-01-2011, 9:50 AM
I buy from Antares and Bruce Diamond. Here is another but I haven't used them. http://www.2linc.com/

Nick Michalares
02-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Bruce diamond supplies those white tips with their diamond burnishers, which is different than a 120 degree diamond drag. Western Engravers supplies the top load, 6-1/2" 11/64" or 1/4" diameter tools with a 120 degree angle diamond drag tip. We also stock 90 degree tips for those wanting a sharper, although more fragile tool.
For some education on diamonds, go to Brucediamond.com and check out the FAQ's on engraving tools.

mike berry
02-01-2011, 10:59 PM
We use: fandbengravingtools.com

EXCELLENT customer service!!!!

John S James
02-02-2011, 4:04 AM
Thanks Guys,

I'm making a test purchase from 2linc.com as they have the exact size we are looking for. I'll give Bruce Diamond a ring today to see if they have anything matching.

Thanks again. :)

Tony Lenkic
02-02-2011, 9:32 AM
John,

Another supplier to look at is Bits and Bits ( www dot bitsbits dot com).

Niklas Bjornestal
02-03-2011, 12:44 PM
A little of topic but... would it be possible to attach a diamond engraving tip to a laser? Or more specific would it be possible to use the laser to engrave with the tip, since attaching it wouldnt be any trouble (there is always duct tape :D )

Tony Lenkic
02-03-2011, 5:37 PM
Niklas,

Xenetech has that setup already. Check out their line of machines at www dot xenetech dot com. They call it "DUO".