PDA

View Full Version : Traditional lWoodworker catalog

Brian Loucks
02-01-2011, 6:01 AM
A "Traditional Woodworker" catalog magically appeared in my mailbox yesterday.
A quick browse seemed like some neat tools at reasonable prices. I've never heard of the company before now. Has anyone ordered from their catalog?
Looks like a small company that I might like do to do a bit of business with.
Thanks for your input,
Brian

Ron Conlon
02-01-2011, 6:39 AM
A quick browse seemed like some neat tools at reasonable prices. I've never heard of the company before now. Has anyone ordered from their catalog?
Thanks for your input,
Brian

You'll probably get a lot more feedback over on the Neanderthal Haven forum. I've heard nothing but good things about Traditional Woodworker, btw.

Bob Rossi
02-01-2011, 8:13 AM
I purchased my Two Cherries bench chisels from them a few years back. I got my new catalog in the mail yesterday.
Their prices are indeed very reasonable. I sure wish I had enough pennies layin' round for one of the Clifton shoulder planes!

Bill Bukovec
02-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I bought a 1/4" mortising chisle from them.

Good, fast service. I thought the price was less than other places.

I love looking at the catalog. Too bad I don't need more tools.

Bill

Neil Brooks
02-01-2011, 12:28 PM
I love looking at the catalog. Too bad I don't need more tools.

WHAT ??? :eek:

David Weaver
02-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Bring it downstairs. I may have ordered from them before, don't recall. It looks like they either have hirsch/TC or MHG (not sure which) making hand tools for them, and their house brand tools aren't too expensive, esp. if they are hirsch/TC made.

In most cases, when I've seen something branded there, i've found it cheaper elsewhere, so I haven't made too many orders.

Never heard anything bad about them, though, and we know that when there is something rotten about a retailer anywhere, we hear it fast.

Jim Rimmer
02-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks for your input,
Brian

I got one "magically", too. Just figured one of the many on-line retailers I order from (Rockler, Woodcraft, Lee Valley, Grizzly, AMazon, etc) sold a mailing list. But it does look another hole for my money to go into.

lowell holmes
02-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I have tools from them. Their Woodjoy spokeshaves are top quality. They are a good supplier right up there with the good ones. They are out of stock right now, but theyare the only place I have found a cigar shave.

Brian Loucks
02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Thanks, I guess I will have time tomorrow to browse and probably place a small order. It appears to be a small company and I like that.
With our 2 foot more of expected snow, I don't think I'll be running too far from home.
Stay safe, Brian

Matt Winterowd
02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
They've been around for quite a while. I've ordered from them quite a few times and have always been pleased by their service. Oddly enough, given their hand tool focus, they have a great selection of really high quality drill bits for nice prices.

Van Huskey
02-02-2011, 2:22 AM
Ordered from them several times always got what I expected, quickly.

Funny I got a catalog yesterday too, the reason I say funny is that I am on their mailing list and got the same catalog a month or so ago, guess when they "bought" the mailing list they didn't cross reference to prevent double mailings.

Zach Callum
02-02-2011, 8:28 AM
I got TWO of their catalogs yesterday.

glenn bradley
02-02-2011, 8:31 AM
I'm another mystery receiver(?).

David Nelson1
02-02-2011, 8:55 AM
Myself as well. I was thinking that it might have come from a roster provided @ a woodworking show