PDA

View Full Version : Lasercut 5.3 Question

Chris S Martin
01-31-2011, 11:49 PM
Well here we go. I just purchased a Full Spectrum 60W laser. I'm using Corel X5 and it has Lasercut 5.3. My Question is the grid on Lasercut shows 0 to 50. What scale is this and is this changeable. #2 is there any good videos on lasercut out there. Thanks to everyone on here for all the information I have already gathered. Look forward to sharing any information I learn on the way. I'm also a pen maker.

Dan Hintz
02-01-2011, 6:59 AM
Chris,

Let us know what kind of quality you get out of that machine. The owner has posted here a few times (and been removed for improperly advertising), and the quality was never up to par. No idea if it was his technique or his machine, but I was never impressed.

Peter Odell
02-01-2011, 8:16 AM
The scale is in mm and I don't think it can be changed I do all my work in Corel. You should be able to cut straight from corel where you can do everything in inches

Chris S Martin
02-01-2011, 4:28 PM
Hey Dan I will let you know it is built by GWEIKE Lasers. So far it seem to be a pretty well built machine for the price. Peter thanks for the reply and I will try to print from corel.

Dan Hintz
02-01-2011, 7:51 PM
Hey Dan I will let you know it is built by GWEIKE Lasers.
The GWeike (and similar names) accounts for the vast majority of Chinese lasers... all cut form the same basic cloth, mostly with panel color changes, sometimes the driver software, etc. FSE takes a Chinese machine, replaces the control electronics with some of the off-the-shelf stuff (like Gecko drives, though I don't believe he uses Gecko), includes software of his own, and what you have is what is created.

Larry Robinson
02-01-2011, 8:52 PM
Chris,

What I did was engrave a piece of wood with both inches and mm on it and double stick tape it to the X and Y edges of the laser bed. This way I do all my cutting from Lasercut and can adjust the layout placement in both inches and mm.

Larry

Dean Fowell
02-02-2011, 6:04 PM
do you have a 5.3 manual I can get you a copy of mine if not

Chris S Martin
02-02-2011, 6:21 PM
Dean if I could get a copy of that manual that would be greatly appreciated.