PDA

View Full Version : Wood Gloat

Kathy Marshall
01-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Big load of Pecan
This is what I picked up friday and I thought that was the extent of it. It overloaded my little truck and almost had my hitch dragging behind me.

Then I got a call on Sunday "we have another piece of the Pecan, about 48" diameter and 6" thick, do you want it?" Well sure!
So I went by today and they actually have alot more than that left!. The pecan tree came from the Phoenix Country Club and was planted in 1901! It was a BIG tree. Anyway, I picked up the big flat piece and another log thats about 18" diameter. Just those 2 pieces had the truck loaded down again, I might have gotten a 2nd log in, but it may have been just a little too much and I know I'll be going back for more for the next few days (I've also been sick all weekend so I didn't really feel up to loading/unloading another log). I started to cut the flat one in half, just to make it a little easier to unload, but it was getting dark and I stopped about half way through, hoping it would snap the rest of the way when I pushed it out of the truck (a feat in itself!). Well it didn't snap but at least it ended up on the other side so I can finish cutting through it tomorrow.

There's another slice like the flat one that's about 2' thick and a 3rd one that was towards the front so I couldn't see how thick it was, and probably 15-20 of the big logs. Going to be a busy week of hauling!

David E Keller
01-31-2011, 10:36 PM
I hope you've got a mouthpiece 'cause when that stuff is dry it'll rattle your teeth... HARD!

Congrats on the haul!

Steve Mawson
01-31-2011, 10:38 PM
That is a nice haul. However right now I envy Phoenix a lot more than the wood.

Michael James
02-01-2011, 9:54 AM
Nice haul! I'll be down your way in a couple of weeks. Still looking for a chunk of _______.
Take care of your health,
mj

Jason Clark2
02-01-2011, 2:03 PM
There's a reason it's referred to as Pecancrete after it's dry.

J

Tim Thiebaut
02-01-2011, 2:08 PM
I wish I had access to wood like this, very nice.

Steve Schlumpf
02-01-2011, 3:23 PM
Congrats on all the Pecan! Hope you get to feeling better soon so you can turn some of it!