PDA

View Full Version : A sad Festool Tale with a Happy Ending

Edward P. Surowiec
01-31-2011, 7:55 PM
Three years ago ( Feb 08 ) I ordered some tools ( 3 sanders, dust extractor CT33, boom arm accessory and various grit paper) from Festool. All of my projects have required my CT 33 to be mobile. So I never opened the Boom Arm accessory package until last month (Jan 11). While assembling the Boom Arm onto my CT33 I found that an electric extension cord listed on the shipping parts list was missing. After berating myself for not opening all of the boxes upon delivery I decided to send an email to my Festool dealer, a long shot but what the heck. He replied, asking that I send him the part number. All of the numbers I sent in four different emails were wrong. My Festool dealer patiently and politely replied and after four attempts suggested that I fax the parts list. He then replied that the confusion was due to a part number change over the last three years and that he would see what could be done. Well my extension cord arrived today and I want to give credit for OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE TO BOB MARINO. Well done Bob, you make the Festool legend come alive.:)

Craig Michael
01-31-2011, 8:22 PM
My experience with Bob has also been very good. He is an excellent person to deal with.

Van Huskey
01-31-2011, 8:41 PM
That is great CS!

Jim Becker
02-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Yea, Uncle Bob is da best! The epitome of customer service.

glenn bradley
02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Glad they took care of you. Lesson learned, inspect all shipping materials and contents promptly ;-)

Callan Campbell
02-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Glad they took care of you. Lesson learned, inspect all shipping materials and contents promptly ;-) YES... I've learned that one the hard way too. Haven't opened things in the past, months went by, and whoops, something wasn't right in the box......

Frank Guerin
02-01-2011, 5:35 PM
Bob Marino. I have heard that name before and it always seems to be on the possitive side.
Good work.

Ben Abate
02-01-2011, 6:24 PM
He's is a good fellow and always willing to help....