PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all of you who helped with my DJ-20 problem. Joiner works great!

Silas Smith
01-14-2005, 3:49 PM
Being electrically inept, I really was trying how to figure out how to either convert my motor to 110 from 220 or run a 220V line into my garage. After hours of research, I realized that I have a licenced electrician at work who reports to me, duh! I called him up and he walked me through how to change it to 110V and said that there was no real advantage to running 220V when you consided how long the joiner usually runs. I wired it up and it works great! It's incredible that the previous owner never even sharpened or changed the blades and it still cuts smooth as glass. I think I'm going to sleep in the garage tonight.

By the way, the pictures came out a little orange/red. There is no rust on the bed and very little on the machine at all, and even that only light surface rust that I can get off.

Ted Shrader
01-14-2005, 5:08 PM
Silas -
Congratulations! Glad it is up and running.

I use Boeshield T9 on my cast iron surfaces followed by Johnsons Paste Wax. May be overkill, but no light surface rust forms here in humid coastal Virginia.

Ted

Chris Padilla
01-14-2005, 6:28 PM
T9 is the best...just top it with paste wax or my personal favorite: Slip-It.