PDA

View Full Version : Covington, GA...Any Creekers there?

Maurice Ungaro
01-31-2011, 7:49 AM
Contemplating a move (job related) to Covington, Newton Co. Georgia. I know we've got some Creekers in the Atlanta area - are any close to the Covington part of the ATL region?

Steve Mellott
02-02-2011, 9:07 PM
I live in McDonough which is about 25 minutes away. I have a woodworking friend who lives in Covington. If you get to the area, let me know.

Steve

Maurice Ungaro
02-02-2011, 9:52 PM
Thanks Steve - I'll keep you posted on the developments!

Kent A Bathurst
02-03-2011, 9:09 AM
Covington, huh? Hmmmm........that's outside the perimeter somewhere. We "in-towners" don't acknowledge any place that's outside the perimeter. They got paved roads and cable tv out there yet? :D :D

You're always welcome here in the Big City, Maurice..........

Maurice Ungaro
02-03-2011, 9:15 AM
Thanks Kent!
In the Atlanta area, I've lived in two different areas OTP: Fayette County, and South Fulton County. Thought I had escaped the madness when we moved back to Beaufort, SC, but alas, my wife's career may take us back there. Oh, well...at least there's Highland Woodworking to look forward to again, that is, if our bank account will allow me to step foot in there!

paul h senn
02-03-2011, 9:24 AM
I am in Oxford, right next door.

Pablo Picasso - “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.”

Terry Beadle
02-03-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm in Marietta so you'll have to wait for a wagon train headed this way....hoot!

Covington is quite a bit of traffic time but if you get in a pinch give me a note and I'll try to help or commensurate.

Cameron Leonard
02-03-2011, 1:28 PM
I also live in McDonough.............small world ain't it!

larry cronkite
02-03-2011, 4:25 PM
I also live in McDonough.............small world ain't it!
Yeah - But as Steve Martin says, "I'd hate to paint it!"

Maurice Ungaro
02-03-2011, 7:22 PM
Thanks guys - we'll see how this all pans out. With the real estate market as it is, and two properties here, we'll have to rent something. Hopefully, it'll have a garage that I can commandeer.

Dusty Fuller
02-03-2011, 9:34 PM
I'm in Rutledge, not far from Covington at all.

Todd Hyman
02-03-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm in Marietta as well. Hope it all works out for you. Highland Woodworking is great isn't it!

Danny Hamsley
02-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Dusty,

I used to play softball in Rutledge many eons ago!

Kent A Bathurst
02-04-2011, 7:29 AM
I'm in Marietta so you'll have to wait for a wagon train headed this way.......

So THAT's how you spell your town's name. Based on pronunciation, I always thought it was "May-retta". Not to be confused with "Alfalfa-retta".

Just got kicked off another few dozen Christmas card lists :p :p

Tom Hamilton
02-04-2011, 7:50 AM
Maurice, I'm also on I-20, but on the west side of Hotlanta, in Douglasville. Highland Hardware would be about the mid-point between us! See you there. Tom

Jay Maiers
02-04-2011, 7:55 AM
Contemplating a move (job related) to Covington, Newton Co. Georgia. I know we've got some Creekers in the Atlanta area - are any close to the Covington part of the ATL region?

It looks like I'm about an hour or so to the NNE. I live about five miles from the dam at the southern end of Lake Lanier.

Good luck with the move, and good luck getting a house with some shop space!

Maurice Ungaro
02-04-2011, 1:39 PM
For those in May-retta, how far are you from the Big Chicken?
(Atlanta insider joke...)

Scott Dodd
02-04-2011, 9:40 PM
I live in Madison, work in Conyers. Good luck with the real estate. I'm a reluctant landlord of a property in Virginia but its better than the other options (I think?).

Scott

Ben Poulin
02-25-2011, 2:00 PM
I'm not much of a poster here, more of a troll ;) Engraving is my biz woodworking is a hobby that I haven't had much time for. But I'm in Oak Hill area, draw a Y between Conyers, Covington, and Mcdonough and I'm in the intersection. It's about a 10-15 min to each. There are a lot of houses empty for sale CHEAP or up for rent here in Oak Hill. Very nice community, lemmie know if you want me to get you a few numbers from the neighborhood. poulinphotography@gmail.com

Maurice Ungaro
03-01-2011, 6:49 PM
Guys,
thanks for all of the replies, but looks like the Covington gig is a no go. I'll let you know where the next town I land will be. Certainly not looking forward to leaving the home that I built in this coastal town.