PDA

View Full Version : ULS 25E Problem

Jeff Thorpe
01-31-2011, 1:20 AM
My company recently bought an beat up old ULS 25E and had me restore it. I have tried running it and everything's working good now. The only problem I'm having is that sometimes during a run the x drive will lose track of where it is and move over to the right by a couple of inches and then continue the run. If i pause the run and resume it it will go back to the correct orientation, but by that time the piece I'm running is already messed up. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this? I've been able to figure out most all the problems up to this point, but this one is stumping all of us.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Thorpe

Dan Hintz
01-31-2011, 8:06 AM
Try cleaning the encoder strip and strip sensor.

Mike Null
01-31-2011, 8:17 AM
I don't think there is an encoder strip on that model.

I would check the belts to be sure they are not worn or loose; move the carriage by hand to see if it goes to its limits smoothly and without any problem.
Check your printer cable, remove, clean and reconnect it.
Be sure you have the latest drivers.

Call ULS tech support. Have the serial number ready.

Mike Mackenzie
01-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Idler Pulley, X Motor, or X drive gear.

Robert Walters
01-31-2011, 1:32 PM
X drive gear.

Plastic???

Mike Mackenzie
01-31-2011, 9:17 PM
not sure what you mean Plastic? the gears are metal however they can get full of belt debris and or the clamp could crack and the gear could be slipping on the motor shaft.

When you pause it returns to its limit switches so in a sense it starts from zero again thus lining back up once paused and resumed.

I would be curious if it is repeatable just let it finish the plate and then start it a second pass see what happens.

oscar martinez
02-01-2011, 5:36 PM
My spirit gx have exactly the same problem. I clean the decoder disc is at the back of the x motor covered with plastic enclosure.I remove the enclosure cleane the decoder disc whit air and spray for electronic parts an back on bussines. I took me lots of hours to solve this and phone calls . If this is your case when removing the plastic enclosure be very carefull is very easy to damage the disc and also do not spray anything but the disc ath the same spot is a photo sense device the spray may damage the device even do is a spray cleaner for electronics. I hope this will solve your problem.
atte Oscar
at the Golden State