PDA

View Full Version : Plans for the weekend?

Keel McDonald
01-14-2005, 1:42 PM
I was just curious. I know that this will be a long weekend for most of us. What are you all going to be working on? I plan to turn a baby rattle for my son, that is unless he decides to come this weekend. LOML is 37 weeks pregnant today, and hopefully will deliver soon. I also intend to finish the flue for the potbelly stove I installed in the shop last weekend. Assuming he holds off, those are my plans for the weekend. I'll send pics whichever comes first.

Bart Leetch
01-14-2005, 2:17 PM
I'll be working on project rehab of my 1953 Delta Unisaw.

Last night we got the MDF routed for bolt hole clearance on the bottom side & installed inside the the oak frame of the Router table that will be the left wing.

Tonight we glue the laminate on the top & route the miter slot & router plate opening & maybe install the wing onto the saw. If we get the above done tonight Tomorrow we'll move onto doing the same thing for the right extension table which is approximately 44" long.

Then its to wire the switch & install the slanted dust shelf & DC blast gate. The next big project is to build the mobile base & paint it. Then disassemble everything & transport the whole thing to my shop.

No long weekend for me this weekend but I am taking the 24th off.

Steve Ash
01-14-2005, 3:35 PM
working on my son's oak gun cabinet, building a extension on my table saw for my router. Also making a run to Johnson's workbench www.theworkbench.com (http://www.theworkbench.com) to look and dream. :)

Gary Max
01-14-2005, 3:57 PM
The temp is dropping into the teens over the week-end. I may have trouble talking myself into going out and building a fire. What happened to that spring like weather we where having.

Scott Coffelt
01-14-2005, 4:02 PM
Regular length weekend for me, no MLK day off.

Saturday will be spent getting ready for a party my wife has planned to celebrate my 40th B-day (Jan. 4, had to push out a week) with some friends and family. Then maybe some bottle tiping :D .

Sunday, I need to continue working on material lists for the house construction budget. I hope to also get some time in the shop to play around with a few things.

Football, Football and did I mention Football?

Earl Reid
01-14-2005, 4:23 PM
Wewill be getting things ready for the show at the I-X center in cleveland . Making pens and posters etc
Earl

Lou Morrissette
01-14-2005, 5:13 PM
Going to the WoodWorks show in Springfield, Ma on Saturday. Try to get a little shop work Sunday and then watch the Pats whip the Colts in the afternoon.:D

Lou

John Shuk
01-14-2005, 6:35 PM
Rest relaxation and making room for a big ole jointer!

Jean Holland
01-14-2005, 7:48 PM
I'm taking my mother to visit her sister in Columbus, Ohio. After I drop her off on Saturday, hubby and I are going to the Woodworking Show there. I'm a Woodworking Show roadie (went to the Fort Wayne, IN and Novi, MI shows already, will be going to the Columbus, OH show this weekend and the Indianapolis, IN show next weekend). It's getting so bad the vendors know me on sight!:rolleyes: Too cold to turn this week end (no heat in the garage). Besides, it's nice to visit relatives....especially if the Woodworking Show is in their town :D

Matt Meiser
01-14-2005, 9:44 PM
No long weekend for me. In fact, Monday morning I have to drive to Columbus for a work trip. I'm hoping to finish my spray booth and get started on a cabinet for under my workbench.

John Miliunas
01-14-2005, 9:57 PM
Work on LOML's sewing room project and hopefully, get some test runs done on the new mortiser. Still need to take pics of latest acquisitions before TJ & Chris get all over me!:eek: Have a great weekend all!:) :cool:

keith zimmerman
01-15-2005, 3:28 PM
Working all weekend...no turning planned.

Haven't done any turning since 1/5 when I was traveling to Minneapolis and got nailed by a semi at Wisconsin Dells area. I was very fortunate and walked away without a scratch. Car was not so lucky. It wass totalled. Been too busy dealing with that and work to think much about wood.