PDA

View Full Version : Superglue users beware!

John Shuk
01-14-2005, 1:30 PM
Check out this link. Goota be careful!

http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,11885215%5E2765,00.html

Chuck Wintle
01-14-2005, 1:37 PM
Well I never got to the stage of gluing my eyes shut but it does a good job of gluing fingers together.

Greg Mann
01-14-2005, 1:59 PM
Had a BIL who periodically re-glued a filling that would fall out of one of his front teeth. It filled a cavity that went all the way through his tooth. He would put a fingertip on the backside to keep it from falling through while it set up. You guessed it. Glued the finger in place. It's been twenty years and we still kid him about it, usually after being reminded by some incident like this.

Greg

Kurt Aebi
01-14-2005, 3:01 PM
We had a dispensing application for package filling of CA glue back a few years at our company (We manufacture precision liquid dispensers mainly for the pharmaceutical industry, so the materials of our pumps do not react with much of anytrhing) where the guy who is now th eowner was dispensing this stuff in a closed room and he glued his eyelids shut just from the fumes - so definitely be careful. The material that cuts CA when cured is Glacial Acetic Acid and that stuff is real nasty - it'll eat the skin right off of you if you use too much.

Be Careful with CA - it can be a nasty substance. Especially you turners using it as a finish on pens or peppermille, etc. whenit spins off the part who knows where it'll land!

George Grubaugh
01-14-2005, 5:01 PM
I had a motorist come walking into my shop to call an ambulance after she reached in her purse for her eye drops............ :-(