PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Festool Track Saw

Mike Hollingsworth
01-30-2011, 12:53 PM
great deal on Amazon today
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51G4Z0ph3vL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Brad Gobble
01-30-2011, 2:56 PM
while interesting, the battery powered saws just arent worth it for $290 ... go for the corded version with 59" and 102" tracks for $499. If I hadn't purchased my festool for an amazing price I'd prob get it today.

David Weaver
02-04-2011, 8:15 AM
I was just looking at these the other day, and almost bought that until I saw it was from tool king. I still have a planer with a cracked housing top and bottom that they sent me four years ago. For a month, every time I called or emailed, they told me that they were going to either authorize a return or arrange for UPS to come look at the packaging and file a claim (oh, we never fail to take care of things this long, it's really out of character for us, we'll get it fixed right away and get back to you").

They NEVER did anything. I had to go to an OEM delta tool supplier and buy the parts on my own dime. If they can't get a square lunchbox planer drop shipped and take care of it when it arrives looking like humpty dumpty after he fell, i have no faith in their ability to have drop shipped a 102" extruded aluminum rail that absolutely needs to be straight and undamaged and take care of the situation when it gets bent in transit.