PDA

View Full Version : I want this

Dave Zellers
01-29-2011, 11:16 PM
But like Gisele Bündchen, I'll have to do without.

A 6 knife, 24", 8' bed jointer.
http://nh.craigslist.org/tls/2186274049.html

Talk about your chick magnets.

Just as well I guess. It would get too rusty from me drooling all over it.

But this goes in my dream shop.

In my dreams, I grew my own trees from childhood, chopped them down now, milled them on site, and then ran the slabs over this bad boy. Then I went home to Gisele.

I am Super Woodworker.

In my dreams.

Van Huskey
01-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Don't forget the 1hp power feeder if you plan to send anything near 24" through it!

Very cool!

Dave Zellers
01-29-2011, 11:58 PM
If I did get it, I'd have to come up with an explanation for my neighbors why their lights keep dimming.

Stephen Cherry
01-30-2011, 12:06 AM
why not put it on layaway?

david brum
01-30-2011, 12:18 AM
Heck, put it in your livingroom. You could throw some cushions on the table and use it as a couch.

Dave Zellers
01-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Heck, put it in your livingroom. You could throw some cushions on the table and use it as a couch.

!!! Brilliant. I'm going to run that by Gisele.

I mean, my wife.:cool:

Peter Quinn
01-30-2011, 6:56 AM
I hate to bust in on this fantasy, but if you are going to find wood wide enough to run over a 24" jointer you had either better be rip Van Winkle, or your grandfather should have planted those trees for you on the country estate you and Gisele now inhabit! I used to think a wide jointer was a great idea until my boss got one at work. We constantly dull the first 12" but they don't want us to change knives because " Well, the back is still fresh!" just use the other half they say. Ever try leaning over a machine that big to use the back twelve? And of course a 24" jointers of little value unless you get a 24" planer to park next to it, because flattening and thicknessing slabs that wide with a hand plane can be a chore, although it is sure to leave you quite buff, so you will look great standing next to Gisele on the red carpet"

That said, in the right setting that jointer would make the most amazing side table/buffet formthemdining or living room, he has a phase converter for sale there, no excuses are left. It's time to go pick it up, and maybe gisele's uncle in Brazil can sneak you up some black market mahogany slabs he planted as a child to run over it?

Stephen Cherry
01-30-2011, 10:43 AM
And of course a 24" jointers of little value unless you get a 24" planer to park next to it, because flattening and thicknessing slabs that wide with a hand plane can be a chore, although it is sure to leave you quite buff, so you will look great standing next to Gisele on the red carpet"

The main thing that comes to mind with a 24 inch jointer is kitchen counter tops-- but it is about an inch short. Plus, if I really was focused on something like that, and had the massive required space, I would get the two sided type that feeds the wood. That said, I have plenty of wood right now that is too wide for my 12 inch jointer but less than 24 inches.

Dave Zellers
01-30-2011, 11:22 AM
The main thing that comes to mind with a 24 inch jointer is kitchen counter tops...

Maybe tweak it just a bit and turn it into a deli slicer.