PDA

View Full Version : Delta UniSaw 36-825

Joseph D'Orazio
01-28-2011, 7:41 PM
I have been given a Delta UniSaw Model 36-825. Its old looking and looks like it needs love. The fence is gone. The insert is there but no guard. I did turn it on and the blade spins. Its actually sitting in a corner of the place where I am working. I guess it was already there and nobody knows who it belongs to. So, I was told I could load it up. I was looking to see what that retailed for when it was new but couldnt find that information. I did find that its a 3 horse, single phase, 220.

My question is, is this thing worth bringing home? My current tablesaw is a piece of junk made by Ryobi and sold by Craftsman. I didnt know better when I bought it and I didnt know that I was going to get serious about wood. The saw does have a really long bar that I think the fence rode on attached to the saw. I think its that long because an extension may have come with this saw at some point?

Carroll Courtney
01-28-2011, 7:50 PM
In its day that saw sold for around 1200. with a fence.But if I were you,I would load it up and drive home fast laughting all the way,you can purchase a Biesemeyer fence and have one of the best saws made.Congrads,and I hope pics will follow----Carroll

Joseph D'Orazio
01-28-2011, 8:00 PM
In its day that saw sold for around 1200. with a fence.But if I were you,I would load it up and drive home fast laughting all the way,you can purchase a Biesemeyer fence and have one of the best saws made.Congrads,and I hope pics will follow----CarrollYes Sir. I happen to live just down the freeway from you. East Mt Houston Rd is the exit. I compete at that BBQ Competition at yalls VFW fairly regularly. Nice to meet you. Yeah, its coming home with me. My shop is coming together, very slowly. Now I need my own straight line saw, jump saw, wide belt sander, 24 inch planer. Those are my goals. Hopefully this year.

Bill Davis
01-28-2011, 8:32 PM
Without a doubt - get it! (IMHO) It's one of those things you'll never regret.

Carroll Courtney
01-28-2011, 9:12 PM
I use to live on the east side of the freeway off of E.Mount Houston for about 12yrs where I meet my wife.Over on Charwon St. where the father Inlaw lived most of his life which he name the street after a place in Korea.We still own a house on Charwon whick is also up for sale.This is what they can look like fully restored,I regret ever selling my TS.Nice to have a neighbor,----Carroll

Guy Belleman
01-28-2011, 9:26 PM
I have one of those until I moved again. great saw, wish I still had it.
Parts diagrams and ordering available at: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-36825-type-1034-tilting-arbor-unisaw-parts-c-3275_3334_14042.html
Several paper manuals available online, but the 36-900 is very close to your model at: http://powertool.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/delta/delta_saw_product_list.html

Good luck.

Carroll Courtney
01-28-2011, 9:32 PM
Just look there and its at the bottom of the page.Its one of the newer models I guess,an arbor saw.So my pic is the wrong example of yours Josh.Sorry about that but that saw is still a good one either way,Congrads on the recovery---Carroll

ken gibbs
01-29-2011, 6:48 AM
No way you want that ole Unisaw. Nut being nice, if you spray it down with WD-40 and ship it to me via surface freight, I will help you out. Some folks adopt shelter dogs. I adopt unwanted or unloved tools.