PDA

View Full Version : The Adventure Has Begun

Dave Strickler
01-14-2005, 12:57 AM
After much deliberation, I decided to take advantage of the LasePro year-end sale and purchased a 30 watt Explorer. Universal and Epilog both make excellent machines also, but I decided on the LaserPro due to the year-end pricing, the larger work area, standard USB port, and I must admit that coin tossing was involved in the decision. I initially wanted a higher power machine, but decided that the 30 watt was adequate to start with, and I can upgrade later when necessary.

I haven't taken delivery yet, as I'm currently preparing shop space, and taking care of the business end of things such as incorporation, writing a business plan (which will be a living document and will change and grow with the business), etc. I've also been doing a lot of market research and learning as much as I can without the machine. Once I take delivery of the machine (early February), I'm expecting to take some time practicing and learning the craft, and using this practice to also create sampe kits for marketing purposes.

As someone who has never owned their own business, this has been quite an education for me already and I haven't even really started yet! I'm one of those guys who likes to start slow and make sure all the bases are covered.

Thanks again for all the great information and friendly discourse on this forum.

Keith Outten
01-14-2005, 8:08 AM
Dave,

I doubt you are going to need it but I will wish you "Good Luck" in your new business.

Rodne Gold
01-14-2005, 1:02 PM
Good luck
Any questions about the explorer , feel free to ask me , I run 3 of them.