PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop Blade Guard to hose adapter

Prashun Patel
01-27-2011, 2:10 PM
Finally, I've found the combination of simple adapters to connect the Sawstop blade guard to a standard 2 1/2" hose. I apologize if this is old news:

HD sells a set of three shopvac adapters (VT1755). The smaller two couple together to slide perfectly into the guard, and a 2 1/2" shopvac hose with it's factory end. The part is $8. Makes it easy to decouple the hose and attach the other wands for

Anyway, I've been messing with duct tape and pvc fittings for long enough, so this has made a welcome addition.

Just thought I'd share.

Larry Frank
01-27-2011, 10:35 PM
I would love to see a picture. I like my SawStop but the blade guard drives me nuts as it is hard to see through it to align a crosscut. It appears that the Sharkguard has much better visibility.

Prashun Patel
01-28-2011, 8:43 AM
Here you go.

The smaller adapter is an inside fit to the guard, which I didn't like. However, looking into the port of the guard, the slot is extremely narrow, so I'm not sure an outside fit adapter would improve things any.

Bob Falk
01-28-2011, 9:45 AM
I used the stepped adapter available from Woodcraft on my SS and it fit nicely when cut down. Link below.bob

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2000899/30797/4-to-1-MultiStep-Reducer-Dust-Collection-Fitting.aspx?refcode=05INFROO