PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Mini 18 40 watt arrives tomorrow...my 1st laser

bruce edwards
01-27-2011, 6:14 AM
I have been on the fence about getting into the laser engraving field for quite awhile now. Pulled the trigger on the Epilog recently. I'm in the USA and I plan to go overseas and take it with me. (via airline) Any helpful ideas on the best way to pack the laser? Thank you in advance :)

Dan Hintz
01-27-2011, 7:47 AM
Make sure whatever you get will work on the AC wherever you're going...

Use the packing it comes in... it will be very good and secure.

Mike Null
01-27-2011, 9:23 AM
Bruce

Welcome to SMC. I agree with Dan's remarks.

Dee Gallo
01-27-2011, 5:10 PM
I agree too - plus, I recommend taking a picture of it when it arrives and as you unpack it so you can re-pack it correctly. I advise everyone to do this anyway, since you never know when you might need to pack it up and move it someplace. I don't know about everyone else, but I can't rely on my memory for exact placement of packing materials years after the fact...

cheers, dee

Bill Cunningham
01-27-2011, 8:41 PM
They come in a box? I bought mine from Mike Clarke, drove to Toronto, met him at a Tim Horton's, loaded it into the back seat of my car, drove home, took the blocking off the rail, plugged it in, then just stood back and watched the money roll in:rolleyes:

Come to think of it, the whole thing played out like a drug deal, and I've been hooked ever since:p..
(pray for me, I have a laser on my back):D