PDA

View Full Version : There is a cure for Diabetes - Yes it is true...

Raymond Fries
01-26-2011, 8:33 PM
My wife has been a Type 2 diabetic for 10 years. Late last year she came across this Raw Food Diet and started it on 01/07/2011. Prior to this she was on 35 units of insulin per day. This is day six with no insulin! She does not have to count anything and can eat all she wants. She has even lost 6 pounds over the last few weeks.

It turns out that there are phytonutrients and enzymes in foods that are destroyed during cooking when foods reach a high temperature.

The foods are very good. I enjoyed the strawberry cheese cake more than the traditional baked kind. What about bacon from eggplant? It is surprisingly good. It takes some time and planning to prepare the foods but well worth it. We now use a food dehydrator instead on the stove and oven.

This is truely amazing and I would recommend that you pass this link below along to anyone you know that has this disease.

Go to www.rawfor30days.com (http://www.rawfor30days.com).

Dan Hintz
01-26-2011, 9:16 PM
Congratulations to your wife...

That said, I have a difficult time believing any diet that:

is not vetted through the proper medical journals
is sold for a fee rather than freely advised through a doctor's care
needs its own website to promote it
claims known loony-tunes like Woody Harrelson (wasn't he the one who started an oxygen bar, like an alcohol bar but with oxygen tanks?!), a spiritual leader, and a documentary maker are experts in the field.

Phil Thien
01-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Is it just me, or does this diet look pretty similar to the Atkins diet? I don't see a lot of carbs on the listed foods I found here:

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popularhealthdiets/a/Raw_Food.htm

One of the Atkins claims to fame was getting people off insulin, as well.

I wish you and your wife continued success with the lifestyle change.

Don't forget the multivitamins.

Steve knight
01-26-2011, 11:43 PM
When you think about it the raw food diet eliminates most of the garbage that is most people's standard diet. all the processed foods all the fast foods all the junk in most foods. but it is very hard to eat a all raw food diet and to get enough calories. but it does wonders for your teeth and can eliminate the need for a dentist. I think a mix of cooked and raw food is best. some vegtables are not much till they are cooked.

Rick Moyer
01-27-2011, 10:37 AM
A wise person once said "all things in moderation".
I did try the Atkins thing for about a month many years ago, and an additional benefit to weight loss was that I noticed I had no more acid reflux. I suspect we all could do without a lot of the sugar, carbs, and chemicals that are in a lot of what we eat.

Bill Edwards(2)
01-27-2011, 12:57 PM
If I could eliminate something like diabetes from my life, I wouldn't care
if I had to visit a witch doctor reccommended by the ghost of Elvis.

Jeffrey Makiel
01-27-2011, 4:39 PM
I too am doubtful that type II diabetes can be cured at this time with just diet. The best I understand is that this disease can be controlled....and the best control is to loose weight if you are either obese or just overweight. Otherwise, it's medication with or without insulin.

However, I appreciate this post. There is usually some degree of merit to homeopathic remedies. I'm glad your wife is doing better. Diabetes has terrible side effects which compound as we get older.

Jeff :)

Raymond Fries
01-29-2011, 11:34 AM
Well this is day 9 with no insulin and her blood sugar is still at the high end of the normal range. This is also day 3 of her eliminating another medication she takes for the disease.

This is not the only diet-based therapy for diabetes. Have you ever heard of Gersen therapy? Max Gersen successfully cured Albert Schweitzer of advanced diabetes. Gersen therapy has also cured cancer. I have a friend and co-worker that went on Gersen therapy and got rid of her Lupis.

My wife was a librarian before she became disabled and was forced to leave her librarian job. She did a lot of research on eating raw before she ever bought the DVD & information from the web. Most of her recipes she has gotten from the public library.

I do have one additional comment about an oxygen bar. I am not sure where Woody Harrelson established this business but it was a wonderful idea if it was in the mountains. We live in Indiana and visited family in Keystone Colorado several years back. I suffered severely from lack of oxygen and I am a non-smoker. We went to an oxygen bar for fun and I left feeling normal again. I am sure that the local people there really get a nice feeling from the increased oxygen level in their blood.

There are and always will be alternate medical cures that traditional medicine cannot always explain. In my opinion, a natural remedy is always better than the pills and knives that are sometimes offered as an alternative. Sometimes, traditional medicine can do nothing as in the case of my friend that “had” Lupis.

Dan Hintz
01-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Woody established his oxygen bar in Hollywood... hardly a need for it there, as there are already plenty of airheads walking around. Inhaling extra oxygen in an oxygen-starved atmosphere is a quantifiable, observable, and repeatable solution to oxygen deprivation... it's not a mystery.

I have no problems with alternate methods of care that cannot be explained by science... as long as they are repeatable and statistically significant and not just "my friend's brother was cured". If your results are not repeatable and statistically significant, you have zero idea what is actually causing the change you see, and therefore it is practically pointless to tell others to follow that regimen.

All too often the people who are "cured" of some major disease were simply misdiagnosed in the first place, and that's a disservice to both the "remedy" and true sufferers of the disease itself as data points are now skewed. What kind of Lupus did your friend have? Cutaneous Lupus is essentially a skin rash, whereas Systemic Lupus is a somewhat nastier autoimmune. There is no cure, per se, for Lupus, only mitigation strategies that reduce the chances of major attacks (remission). Changes in lifestyle can allow your body to go into remission... but that is not the same thing as a cure.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Raymond,

Something being "natural" is no guarantee it's healthy. Hemlock and rhubarb leaves come to mind as being "natural" and toxic.

With all of it's modern scientific wonders, mankind is just scratching the surface on understanding medicine, IMHO.

I would recommend keeping an M.D. involved in your wife's life.

There are a lot of people who die annually as a result of miracle "natural" treatment...just like they die from more traditional treatment.

Jim King
01-29-2011, 1:28 PM
I have seen dozens of people "cured" I donīt know but certainly put in remission for years from type II diabetes. They have done nothing but go on a low starch diet and drink a tea made of the root of the Huasai fruit palm tree. Modern medicine does not take it serious but as I said I have some sad cases put in order. One was a lady who worked for me that had open sores on her legs that would not heal for years from Type II and she healed in less than 30 days after taking the tea twice a day.

Most after two months stop and as I know of they have had no relapse. This has been used for decades here.

Rick Potter
01-29-2011, 1:47 PM
I saw a report on the news about how weight loss surgery seems to eliminate diabetes. They said it had to be studied more, since it was just an after effect of the surgery. It makes sense, since they say that your body will make you feel poorly if you eat too much sugar.

Rick Potter

John Coloccia
01-29-2011, 3:17 PM
My friend cured her gluten intolerance by cutting glutten out of her diet... :rolleyes:

Her diabetes isn't cured. Her symptoms are being controlled by her diet. There is a great difference. If your wife goes off the diet, she will again be insulin dependent. It's good that diet is able to control her symptoms while hopefully being healthy enough to not cause other problems, but this is not a cure.

Phil Thien
01-29-2011, 5:10 PM
I would recommend keeping an M.D. involved in your wife's life.

I could not agree more. Don't cut the M.D.'s out. If nothing else, you can continue to amaze them with the diet solution, and maybe if they're convinced, they'll do more research.

Greg Peterson
01-29-2011, 7:40 PM
A good diet is essential, regardless of what ailment you are attempting to address. A exercise regime is also necessary for most people. We simply do not get enough physical activity in our normal daily routines. The high rate of obesity in this country is the result of a poor diet and lack of adequate physical activity.

Eat healthy and break a sweat regularly, and you will see many benefits.

I am glad that signs are positive thus far and I hope they continue.

Chris Damm
01-30-2011, 7:54 AM
As a Type 2 Diabetic that was up to 220 units of insulin a day I know of no miracle cure. Losing weight probably had more to do with it than anything else. I have dropped about 30 lbs since Christmas and my insulin usage has dropped to about 145 units a day. My doctor says if I can lose another 75-80 lbs. I may be able to cut the usage. She also says there is no cure for Diabetes but only control.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-30-2011, 10:41 AM
My oldest son is a type II diabetic only recently diagnosed at age 44. He works a deputy sheriff. He has to have daily injections of insulin. He is about 6'1" and weighs maybe 155 lbs. When he was diagnosed his doctor said "Well....weight loss isn't an option".

This is serious stuff. If diet alone can control it......great but I would surely keep an medical doctor involved.

ray hampton
01-30-2011, 12:16 PM
what do you think the main cause of type 2 Diabetes are ?
one group claim that diabetes in men are the result of the
hormone level decreasing

Thomas Canfield
01-30-2011, 9:18 PM
I have never been diagnosed as Type 2 Diabetes, but about 5 years ago, by A1C was 6.9 (now 6.5 is diabetes). Changing my eating habits and maintaining more exercise has brought my A1C down under 6, and this month it was 5.4 with no medicine. It did get my attention pricking my finger to test during the early days to learn what food and quantity did to my sugar level. All that says that there is a lot to be said about maintaining a proper diet and exercise for some, and I am one of the lucky ones and am trying to stay lucky.

Eric Larsen
01-30-2011, 11:47 PM
claims known loony-tunes like Woody Harrelson (wasn't he the one who started an oxygen bar, like an alcohol bar but with oxygen tanks?!), a spiritual leader, and a documentary maker are experts in the field.

I work with O2 as part of my job.

The problem with oxygen bars is that they do not dispense pure oxygen. A license (and a medical need) is required to do so.

If I'm feeling under the weather, I'll breathe some pure O2 as a pick me up. Five minutes of O2 is quite literally a "legal high." Not high in the "man I'm so stoned" high, but a super-consiousness and alertness that cannot be achieved without a hyperbaric chamber. (Which does the same thing as a bottle of green gas.)

Problem is, pure O2 can be overdosed, resulting in convulsions. Which is why Woody's O2 bars just featured scented air -- 78% N2 and 21% O2 and 1% trace gasses.

Raymond Fries
01-31-2011, 6:59 PM
Well she is still insulin free and hanging in there. And yes we will keep the doctor in the loop. I do stand corrected as you guys are correct that the diet is a control mechanism vs. a cure. Those in the DVD she purchased said they were 70 - 80 percent raw for maintenance. But a diet is welcomed over injections and pills anyday.

Thought you might be interested in these findings after surgery.

This article and news clip gives a nice explanation:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/17/60minutes/main4023451_page2.shtml

This link is to a formal study:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/c876901049648033/