PDA

View Full Version : Neat really old band saw

David Brimm
01-26-2011, 3:19 PM
Saw this today in my local craigslist: http://chico.craigslist.org/tls/2181542111.html

I'm not in the market but it looks neat, the caption says it's a Craftsman from 1903?!

Brian Kent
01-26-2011, 4:41 PM
What a great find for a tool restorer!

David Brimm
01-26-2011, 5:24 PM
It looks great, I wish I had the space for it but no chance of that!

Anyone have an idea of it's possible value?

Bruce Page
01-26-2011, 5:32 PM
Very cool, and not to be confused with "Sears" Craftsman which didn't come about until 1927.

Van Huskey
01-26-2011, 5:41 PM
If I was close I would be all over it, but that would make three old bandsaws in less than three weeks...

Actually one of the old "mini-snowflakes" or one of the Beaver (or its successors) with partially exposed polished aluminum wheels are my next "quest" bandsaw.

Bruce Page
01-26-2011, 5:45 PM
If I was close I would be all over it, but that would make three old bandsaws in less than three weeks...

Actually one of the old "mini-snowflakes" or one of the Beaver (or its successors) with partially exposed polished aluminum wheels are my next "quest" bandsaw.
Did you ever post pic's of your latest score? I just remember the tease..

Van Huskey
01-26-2011, 5:51 PM
Did you ever post pic's of your latest score? I just remember the tease..

No, not yet. I wanted to do both at the same time and it has been raining here so I have left the PM in the SUV. I hope to get it out tonight and get some basic pics up either tonight or tomorrow. I also plan to start a thread about the cosmetics of the Delta 20", I am thinking about polishing the steel, clear coating it and maybe putting some bomber nose art on it, I dunno why but it reminds me of a plane, my mind is indeed twisted.