PDA

View Full Version : Bought a NOVA - Pics.

Scott Hubl
01-26-2011, 3:13 PM
NOVA Ornamental Turner that is. http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowbiggrin.gif

I actually found TWO of them from different people.

Placed ads a couple years ago, and got No replies, this time got a couple. Go figure right. :confused:

(I Already set someone up to buy the second one. SMC Member, I'll let them post theirs, they had an old "WTB" ad here.)

That one was only used/tested Once and has sat ever since.

The one I bought, is Brand Spanking NEW in the Box!
The box was just opened to show me its contents, the man Never even opened the box when he bought it. :eek:
It and the other one have several of the Accessories with them.
Mine is coming with-

The packing list indicates that the below items were ordered Oct 10, 2007

Below is the itemized packing list that came with the system.

Code Description Quantity
ORN3000Y Ornamental Turner N3000Y 1 1/4 x 8 T -1
51002 Cutter Std 60Deg End - O.T Cutting Frame -2
51004 Cutter Hollow U Side Ornamental Turner -2
51005 Cutter Square side Ornamental Turner -2
51006 Cutter Left-Hand Radius Ornamental Turner -2
51007 Cutter Right-Hand Radius Ornamental Turner -2
51008 Cutter Sharpening Unit Ornamental Turner -1
51011 Kit Ornamental Threading -1
51012 Cutter Deluxe Multi-tooth Ornamental -1
51013 Holder Y Spindle Side Cutter Ornamental -1
51014 Holder Extension for Side Cutter Unit -1
2MTNA Acruline 2MT Alignment System -1
51015 Nut Ejector - 1 1/4 x 8 TPI Ornamental -1

The Other one has some Different Accessories listed and the other buyer I set up will exchange pics and specs of each so we can either make or get made those we don't have.

Heres some pics of Mine. :cool:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/AmericanAndProud/NOVA%20Ornamental%20Turner/09f042f5.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/AmericanAndProud/NOVA%20Ornamental%20Turner/98c8dd58.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/AmericanAndProud/NOVA%20Ornamental%20Turner/82815de9.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/AmericanAndProud/NOVA%20Ornamental%20Turner/d6586ec7.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/AmericanAndProud/NOVA%20Ornamental%20Turner/faedf6ff.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/AmericanAndProud/NOVA%20Ornamental%20Turner/10cc9e39.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/AmericanAndProud/NOVA%20Ornamental%20Turner/63227ee9.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/AmericanAndProud/NOVA%20Ornamental%20Turner/4060822f.jpg

Should be fun to Play around with. I got a GOOD Deal on this one considering how Rare they are and to be Brand New too.:D

(Sorry about the pic size, I am waiting on a new power supply for my PC and am on my laptop without Photoshop here.)

Bernie Weishapl
01-26-2011, 3:52 PM
Congrats Scott. What a deal. Can't wait to see some projects off it.

Steve Schlumpf
01-26-2011, 4:03 PM
WOW - a BIG Congrats! Looking forward of seeing some photos of it in action if possible! Have fun - you sure waited long enough!

bob svoboda
01-26-2011, 4:25 PM
Happy for you Scott. Your patience paid off, congratulations!

Scott Hackler
01-26-2011, 5:08 PM
Yahoo..... FOR YOU.......... AND ME TOO!!! :) I just talked to the other seller and bought the second unit!!!!

Two Scott's and two ornamental turners!!

Thanks a bunch to Scott Hubl for tipping me on the extra one of these doodads. Mine was used one time and placed on a shelf. Got quite a few accessories with it and the all important THREAD CUTTER. I will probably have mine next week sometime.

Hopefully we both wont go insane trying to figure it all out. :) Ought to make some cool box and platter designs.

Richard Madden
01-26-2011, 5:11 PM
You lucky dog, I am envious. I had looked for one some time back, but gave up. The ornamental part is very cool, but the threading capability was the primary reason I wanted one. Have fun!!

Scott Hubl
01-26-2011, 5:23 PM
Thanks guys,

The Oddest thing is I even got ONE reply, then ANOTHER. lol

And the second one, that I bought had never even been out of the box, the man did not even open it to look inside to make Sure everything he bought originally was all their! lol

Another SMC'er should also be announcing his soon if he takes it, if not I know of several others that want one, and they both have Accessories, so that made these even more desireable.

I would post a few "wtb's" every now and then and it finally paid off.

There is an Accessory the is for this and the 3520B so I have emailed Nova to find out more about that, and if any of them are available and other accessories.

I contacted the other person that was looking for one and we talked on the phone about us each getting one and inventorying our accessories and see what we can so we both have the same ones.

Pics and detailed info passed back and forth so we can either make something, or have enough info to have it made.

I bought mainly for the Threading feature really, the threaders alone I have priced are in the $500.00, and that all they do.

Should be fun to experiment with this. It is No Rose Engine Lathe, but should still be fun and add some designs that not everyone can add.

Oh and my 2 Robust tool rests I ordered came yesterday.

Brian Libby
01-26-2011, 5:30 PM
Great find - I can almost see you smiling from here !!!

John Keeton
01-26-2011, 6:48 PM
Congrats to both Scotts!! I hope the learning curve on that thing isn't as bad as it appears it could be!!

Michael Short
01-26-2011, 8:19 PM
Scott,

I am looking forward to seeing some of your work that is produced with this piece of equipment. Looks like it has alot of possiblities.

Tim Thiebaut
01-26-2011, 8:26 PM
Oh man I am so jealous, I would love to have one of these, I have been researching and drolling over OT's as long as I have lathes, great find, show us what you can do with it once you have time to play with it a bit.

Scott Hubl
01-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks guys, I see Scott has revealed he was the other buyer. Congrats Scott.

I think I found out about these about 3 years ago. I placed want ads on turning forums, woodworking forums. I placed a couple on my local craigslist and kept searching ebay.

And Nothing, not even a single reply. Kinda gave up on finding One for some time.

I was scouring old posts here and saw a post that mentioned them, I thought wow I wanted one too, decided to start placing "wtb" ads again, and to my surprize I got a PM on the AAW waiting on email pics to come, I get ANOTHER PM and both claim they bought it but never used it.

I remembered that Scott had a "WTB" ad placed here for one and it was on about the last page of the classifieds so I found it and contacted him. I talked to him and said if he was serious, I had a line on one but said they weren't cheap, he was all in as the say in poker so we both got them.

Both are pretty much the Same even accessory wise, I had the pics and contact info so I talked to both sellers trying to work my best deal for the one I would buy, then pass the pics and contact info to Scott letting him work his own best deal with the other seller.

I got First choice since I had the leads and they answered my ad on another forum. I chose more by price between the two since one was brand new and the other used once and both had pretty close to the same accessories, it just turned out the new in box one was a much lower starting asking price so I took it.

I paid $350.00 for mine. :D Seller says mine ships to me in the Morning. I just sent him a Tracking # Today for my payment and he isnt even waiting for it to arrive. Cool I hopefully will have it by the weekend maybe.

Up to Scott if he wants to post what he ended up buying his for. I think he is pretty happy with the deal he was able to work out.

We will stay in contact and exchange our accessory differences we have and all detailed info and pics we can, so we can Both have as many options as we can have by either making or having it made.

(but the Closer I look at the pics of both I have and the info, and looking at them online, I think we both got pretty much the same accessory wise, and that would be Most of them that were ever offered.) Will be Nice trying to learn these with someone else who has one.

Should be fun.:cool:

Thanks

Scott Hubl
01-27-2011, 7:00 PM
Hey Scott,

I got Two FedEx Tracking Numbers this afternoon.:D

I did a detailed check of what mine has with it and found that the Only accessory items I won't have are a Blank Cutter #51003 @ 17.99 and the Deluxe 2 position Tool Post #51009 @ 149.99.

Not bad at all!:) The Blank Cutter is just that, a Blank cutter that you can grind your own way if you wanted. As we talked about before, I will have 2 of all the other cutters available already.

Gonna Try and order that NOVA OT Visualizer Software. And then, Maybe that Deluxe 2 positon Tool Post.

Still waiting for a reply from Nova about the,
Suitable Lathes
PowerMatic 3520b -Require larger bed clamp plate. (Available as accessory)
But it's Not even listed on the Accessory page. Hopefully it is available, Or they can give me the Specs to make or have it made for my 3520B.

Weird thing tho, on the website it says these weigh in at about 70LBS., But the shipping box being sent weighs just 44LBS and another 4LBS for a second box being sent to me.

Nova must be a misprint on their website. :confused:

Anyways I did up the Math and came up with-

The OT itself @ 499.99(Sold out) But thats the listed price on site.
Total cost of the Accessories with the $25.00 Shipping it would cost is $498.84, and that does Not include the added cost of the "Deluxe Four Blade Cutter" #51012 because they simply list it as "NOT Available" and do not list a price for it. (I do have it as yours does to)

IF this was currently available to buy, and I just ordered it all up, would have cost New, get this, $1023.83 :eek:
Plus, if I added that Blank Cutter @17.99 and the Deluxe 2 position Tool Post @149.99 would have Totalled out too, $1191.81 ! :eek: No wonder there were not very many sold.

I paid $350.00 plus $25.00 for shipping so I saved $816.81 LOL But Still am getting it Brand NEW. :D
I might get it Saturday he said, otherwise Monday.

Oh and the $24.99 for the OT Visualizer Software Adds to it's Total as well! :eek:

These were Expensive Tools. (Toys lol)

Scott Hubl
01-28-2011, 9:23 AM
Hey Scott,

I emailed Jim Staley last night about the OT Visualizer.

He replied this morning and sent me a copy and said to mail him a check for $20.00. :D

Also said he Sold his OT.

Needs Microsoft Excel to use it I guess or the Free one linked on Nova's site.
(I have NO clue how to use "Excel" Hope You do!) lol

So thats one more item for the O.T. :cool:

Still No reply email from NOVA yet. :( (Need that Larger Bed Clamp for the 3520B)

FedEx is still showing delivery on Saturday!:D:cool:

Dale Maxim
03-07-2019, 11:31 AM
Do you still have your ornamental turner and if so would you be interested in selling it? if so call me at 989-426-2861
Dale

Dale Maxim
03-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Do you still have your ornamental turner and if so are you willing to sell it? if so call me at 989-426-2861.
Dale