PDA

View Full Version : What is a fair/good price to pay for a PC 7518 router?...new or used?

Butch Butler
01-26-2011, 2:31 PM
I've seen quite a range in pricing....Thanks, Butch

Chris Nolin
01-26-2011, 2:34 PM
I've sold two 7518's in the last couple months, one for $190, the other for $200. Both the buyers and I felt like these were good deals. Both had the handle base and a 1/2" collet included. Hope that helps!

Bruce Wrenn
01-26-2011, 10:18 PM
I paid a hundred for mine (used) last summer. I found it through CL, and paid asking price. When I went to complete the transaction, I realized I knew the seller, but he didn't cut me any slack on the price.

Van Huskey
01-26-2011, 10:29 PM
If you get a new one for 260-275 shipped it is a good deal.

Brian Ross
01-27-2011, 1:27 AM
The best I have ever seen is $299 ( new ) and that was for the body only. They were catering to those of us that use them in a router table.

brian

Van Huskey
01-27-2011, 1:48 AM
The best I have ever seen is $299 ( new ) and that was for the body only. They were catering to those of us that use them in a router table.

brian

Do you mean motor only? If so they have them on Amazon right now for $267. Once in a blue moon I see them for about $250.

Brad Gobble
01-27-2011, 1:01 PM
I paid $100 for a 10 year old one (different model #) and $115 for a brand new, motor only. Anything used for $200 or less is a great deal if they are in good condition.

Larry Edgerton
01-27-2011, 8:24 PM
If you get a new one for 260-275 shipped it is a good deal.

Quite a few of them are used in robots/CNC, that is why you see so many just the motor, and why you will see so many bases only for sale.

For this reason be wary of sales on ebay with the motor only, or the motor is used but the base is new. Could have been in a Shop Bot for a while.

Greg Urwiller
01-27-2011, 9:08 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I've been looking (hoping!) for one of these on CL for the past few months, but nothing has showed up around here. So, I've been considering one of the "body only" from Amazon for the $267 price. They used to state that a cord and collet were included, but I haven't seen that listed lately. Anyone know if these are included for sure? Greg

Van Huskey
01-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I've been looking (hoping!) for one of these on CL for the past few months, but nothing has showed up around here. So, I've been considering one of the "body only" from Amazon for the $267 price. They used to state that a cord and collet were included, but I haven't seen that listed lately. Anyone know if these are included for sure? Greg

People keep using the phrase body only but I assume people mean MOTOR only. The motor that people buy for lifts is part number 75182, it includes the 1/2" collet, cord and wrenches. The Amazon product shows this part number but I don't see confirmation it includes what is "supposed" to be with the part number and it wouldn't be the first time Amazon had this issue. You could just spend about $3.00 to get a definite 75182 from Tool-plus (270.61 shipped).

Jeff Monson
01-28-2011, 10:35 AM

Every "body only" 7518 I've seen has the cord and collet wrench included. That is what I ordered for my router table a couple
years ago.

To the OP, if you are looking for a 7518 for a table, I'd order the body that Van referred to for $270.00 shipped, thats a fair
deal and you dont have to worry about how much it has been used. My .02

Jay Jeffery
01-28-2011, 1:00 PM
I've been watching for one for a couple of years now and they rarely show up on the used market. When they do, they don't go cheap (unless they are spent routers).
They do show up occasionally refurbished at places like toolking with the base for about $290.

I've been tempted to start watching the pawn shops, but I'm not that desperate yet.

hank dekeyser
01-28-2011, 1:17 PM
Pawn shops aren't a "desperate" act IMHO - I have made many many good scores at the local Mr. Money- Plug i tin and if it sounds rough -pass on it or haggle them down. bearings and brushes are cheap - FYI the top bearing in a porter cable 690 series router is THE SAME bearing they use in roller blade wheels ! (at about 1/10 the price) At any rate, I got a 7518 awhile back on CL for $125 w/ the PC table. nice-

Steve H Graham
01-29-2011, 10:33 PM
I try to avoid buying things at fair prices.