PDA

View Full Version : A Corian Trio

James Combs
01-26-2011, 2:00 PM
Needed a turning fix this morning;) so I made some pens using counter top Corian cutoffs.

I may have over saturated the color in my photos a little, it is hard to tell the difference in the hardware.

Stats:
Material = Various pieces of Corian
Hardware = Slimline Pens
L = Platinum Plating dressed in a dark Corian, black with traces of other colors (see separate photo)
C = Black Titanium dressed in a very light to almost white Corian
R = WC Gold Plating dressed in a medium tan Corian
I have no idea of the trade names for the Corian colors.

Comments Welcome

bob svoboda
01-26-2011, 2:53 PM
James, very nice. I like the form and the colors. Transitions look perfect to me. Also look like they would be comfortable to hold and write with.

Roger Chandler
01-26-2011, 3:06 PM
Nice stuff there JD! Corian does make for some pretty pens. Nice form and fit. Is it snowing there in Kentucky?

Roland Martin
01-26-2011, 3:15 PM
Great looking pens, James. Nice shape & colors.

Bernie Weishapl
01-26-2011, 3:52 PM
Really great looking pens James. The form and colors are really nice.

Ron Stadler
01-26-2011, 4:58 PM
I like the shape on these, very nice.

James Combs
01-26-2011, 8:21 PM
Nice stuff there JD! Corian does make for some pretty pens. Nice form and fit. Is it snowing there in Kentucky?

It started early morning, 7:00ish, on wet clear ground and was at about 1.5" at 12-01:00 or so when it quite. It was very wet until tonight. Saw some black ice tonight on the way home from church but no problems other wise.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Apologies for the lousy hardware coloring. I was playing with my editor trying to make sure the Corian looked right and didn't notice what I was doing to the hardware.