PDA

View Full Version : Out with the Old in with the New with Pictures!!!!!

Don Selke
01-13-2005, 3:49 PM
Just before the Christmas holidays, I decided it was time to build a new router table. I had the old set up for about fifteen years and it served me well except for storage, size and dust collection.
In revueing several designs, I decided on Norms table and fence system. I did make modifications on size to fit my shop and body size. All the drawings were done with Design CAD prior to construction of the project. I also used Aaron design for the fence dust collection pick up. I guess I could of designed the project from scratch but Norms design fit my needs perfectly.:) :eek:
To satisfy the Picture Police who have been knocking on my front door since I joined the Creek, I decided to post or try to post some pictures of the finished project.:eek: OOps; have to add pictures, will try later. Well I thought I had it figured out but I have to change the picture sizes, Here come the picture police again, I will have to lock the doors and shut the drapes.
Well guys and gals, you can call off the Picture Police now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Padilla
01-13-2005, 4:01 PM
Don??? Don!!! Pics??? :D Can we help? Sounds like a nice system.

Jim Fancher
01-13-2005, 4:30 PM
Post those pics! I'm working on my first router table and I'm interested in seeing yours.

Ted Shrader
01-13-2005, 5:42 PM
Hey Don -

Sounds like you have some lessons learned incorporated in your "new" design. Need any help getting the pics to post?

Regards,
Ted

Steve Clardy
01-13-2005, 6:41 PM
Pics Pics!!! Lol

Don Selke
01-14-2005, 5:03 PM
Put pictures before post!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dick Parr
01-14-2005, 5:13 PM
Don that should last you a long time. Very nice job. I think your pictures are great, don't know what the others are talking about. :D

Ron Robinson
01-14-2005, 5:20 PM
Don, very nice! I'm also in the process of building a router table and was wondering how you like the casters you used. Do they lock tight enough so the table is sturdy even when running heavy or awkward stock?

Ron Robinson

Michael Barry
01-14-2005, 5:40 PM
Great job, Don! What an improvement.

Jim Fancher
01-14-2005, 6:00 PM
The pics were worth the wait, Don. Very nice! You're going to love using the new table.

Jim Dunn
01-14-2005, 6:33 PM
Don thats a beautiful job of building that table.

Now I have a question, is it Norm's table design and is the top MDF or some other materials?

Don Selke
01-14-2005, 7:02 PM
Thanks for all the comments:
The top is MDF with plastic laminate. The top is only temporary as I plan on installing a router lift at a later date when the budget allows. The casters have a locking mechanism which work well so far, I may have to add an additional locking mechanism at a later date. The casters are from a discarded service cart from a restaurant where I installed some cabinet work. The finish is Fuhr tinted acrylic sprayed with a HVLP conversion gun. The router is a Hitachi TR12 which is the forerunner to the current model, it has served me well over the years. The fence is temporarly secured to the top with clamps, this will be modified later also. Just wanted to get the pictue police off my back.
Once again, thanks for all the comments