PDA

View Full Version : weather at your woodpile

charlie knighton
01-26-2011, 7:31 AM
what's your weather at your woodpile and road conditions

i have talked to several people about wood lately and while i am not sitting on beach what i have been dealing with in virginia is mild compared to mud slides and accumlated snow from others

anybody got pictures of their woodpile

Ken Hill
01-26-2011, 8:02 AM
Its so still outside right now with the snow falling....the calm before the storm haha! Glad teh kids are home but could do without the 8+ inches they are predicting.

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/Other/Private-Gallery-2/CMR5483/1168492761_KQNwk-L.jpg

Gary Max
01-26-2011, 8:27 AM
Heck we are snowed in here in Southern Kentucky also----- 4 to 6 more on the way. I sould be able to get some work done in the shop today.

bob svoboda
01-26-2011, 9:06 AM
179825Temporarily done with the driving range and daytime temps in the mid 40's. Sure can't complain when I look around the rest of the country!

Michael E. Thompson
01-26-2011, 10:05 AM
I could take a picture, put no one would believe its a wood pile. Record snow fall a few weeks ago, nearly 38". It warmed up and bit last week and started to melt, then we had temps of -14 deg F. Needless to say, its a block of ice under the snow. Its finally in the 20s, maybe we will get some sun and melt a little more. Hopefully soon I will see my wood again.

Ken, I see a couple good trees for stands.

Mike

Jim Heikes
01-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Today is the 6th snow storm in six weeks. Predicting 8-12 inches.........................I hereby cancel my subscription to Winter.....................time to go blow some snow...................

John Beaver
01-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Southern California at the Beach.
It would be boring to show a picture of our 75 degree beautifully sunny day. I'll be in my garage / shop with the door wide open wearing shorts and t-shirt.
Snow would be a nice change of pace out here.

Roger Chandler
01-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Southern California at the Beach.
It would be boring to show a picture of our 75 degree beautifully sunny day. I'll be in my garage / shop with the door wide open wearing shorts and t-shirt.
Snow would be a nice change of pace out here.

Rub it in John! ;):D:D

Jim Heikes
01-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Sure......just kick us when we're down........but don't ask for any sympathy when the next earthquake rocks your shop

Bernie Weishapl
01-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Haven't had the snow but have had the low temps in the negative range. Seems like this week though it will be in the 40's and 50's. We really could use some moisture.

Roger Chandler
01-26-2011, 10:36 AM
I don't have pics, but it is ice and sleet right now, and probably 5-6 inches of snow this afternoon says the local weatherman. Drove my better half to work this morning, some roads were slick, some that had been treated in the last couple of weeks were in decent shape.

The white pines in my yard have branches hanging to the ground with the freezing rain we had this morning.

charlie knighton
01-26-2011, 10:39 AM
lots of contrast around our nation

Roger Chandler
01-26-2011, 10:52 AM
I just checked Accu-weather.com, and the National Weather service is calling for 5-10 inches this afternoon for our area. Kinda surprising.......they don't have a solid fix on everything as weather forcasts seem to change from hour to hour sometimes.

Jon Prouty
01-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Partly cloudy and 72 here today. Alas, I am at the office and no turning in the near future. I need to send the wife and kids on a vacation so I can have some shop time. Good luck to all those getting the white stuff today and tonight.

Jon

Ken Hill
01-26-2011, 11:19 AM
I just checked Accu-weather.com, and the National Weather service is calling for 5-10 inches this afternoon for our area. Kinda surprising.......they don't have a solid fix on everything as weather forcasts seem to change from hour to hour sometimes.

Hold it off for about 2 hours please...im headin' to Rockler so im stocked up[ for when it gets deep haha

John Coloccia
01-26-2011, 11:28 AM

You wouldn't believe the number of times I've gone to Weather.com, and it's told me my current conditions are Sunny (not cloudy, but sunny), when I can darn well look out my window and see it's snowing.

Charlie Reals
01-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Gonna be 65 and sunny here above the fog. The 200% of normal snow and rain is fast disappearing in a very dry January.

Roger Chandler
01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Hold it off for about 2 hours please...im headin' to Rockler so im stocked up[ for when it gets deep haha

I'm tellin' Ya' Ken.............you just have too much excitement in your life! ;):D:D

Leo Van Der Loo
01-26-2011, 1:13 PM
what's your weather at your woodpile and road conditions

i have talked to several people about wood lately and while i am not sitting on beach what i have been dealing with in virginia is mild compared to mud slides and accumlated snow from others

anybody got pictures of their woodpile

I'd try to give you a picture of my woodpile, but it's buried a little deep, lots of wood in the shop :D :eek:

Seen some of the dustings you guys got, well this is all nice clean water when melted, just not in one day I hope :eek:

I wouldn't like to do without winter, and the bearable summer temps that go with it, no hurricanes tornadoes or earthquakes :p

This much might be a bit inconvenient, but it surely can be very pretty as well :D

We had this much but now it is down to about a foot or so and looks just cool ;)

This is picture we took while traveling here in Ontario a couple of weeks ago, just had to stop and take a picture to share with those that never see this beauty :p

Jim Burr
01-26-2011, 10:12 PM
I'd take a picture, but it's to foggy. The Central Valley is Tule fog King!!

Fred Perreault
01-27-2011, 7:20 AM
We had half a day of snow, several hours of rain/sleet, and then 5"-6" of snow on top of it all. This is typical for the Cape.... snow/rain/snow. It becomes a mess. You guys planted in the woods lose trees and I imagine that most grow back , we are losing our shoreline this Winter at an accelerating rate and it winds up off of Nantucket or up in the Gulf of Maine. 3/4ths of the Cape is below 75 ft. above sea level, and half of that is below 50 ft. I guess that if we wait it out, more of us will have waterfront property. :)

These picks are my firewood pile, and some of my unprocessed turning logs on skids under 6" snow.

John Coloccia
01-27-2011, 8:05 AM
We just got another, oh I don't know, 12" or so last night. I was joking about this last week, but now I'm seriously starting to run out of room. One or two more of these, I'm going to have to get snow removal.

Jim Heikes
01-27-2011, 11:40 AM
I know how you feel. We just got 16 inches last night. My little Toro snow blower is getting tired (and so am I). I heard we (NJ) just set a new record for snow in January. One more like this and I'm heading to Barbados for the duration!!!!!!