PDA

View Full Version : The Best Rated Jigsaw?

John McClanahan
01-25-2011, 9:55 PM
I found this while looking for something else. Don't shoot the messenger.:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_arwAxCro&feature=related

John

John Powers
01-25-2011, 10:00 PM
B&d out rates dewalt, makita and Bosch? Right, and a pig just flew by my window.

Van Huskey
01-25-2011, 11:26 PM
I guess the Festool Trion was #11, right behind the Kawasaki, makes sense.

Dewayne Reding
01-25-2011, 11:29 PM
The Skil is right up there too. That was funny. :)

Brian Kent
01-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Why do you even need a jigsaw when you can do everything with a sawzall:

http://www.answerbag.com/video/plunge-cutting-with-a-reciprocating-saw/9be87a2f-bafd-94c1-2d7b-9e22c2660787

glenn bradley
01-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-hee-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw-haw . . . oh, oh, oh, stop. You'e killing me; ha-ha-hah-haaaaaaaaaa.

P.s. Is Expert Village an endless supply of humor or what? I love the drunk guy that demonstrates power tools.

Chris Padilla
01-26-2011, 1:03 AM
Notice that comments have been disabled for that video. That alone tells you a lot! :)

John M Wilson
01-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Why do you even need a jigsaw when you can do everything with a sawzall:

I've seen cleaner cuts made by beavers...

The video was the classic trainwreck -- horrible to watch, but you can't stop watching.

It's sort of a multi-way tie for awfulness: the commentary, the disregard for the safety of his fingers, using his knee to stabilize the floppy plywood... the list goes on.

On the other hand, it makes my feeble efforts look like Norm Abram. ;)

Thanks for the link!

Lee Schierer
01-26-2011, 12:17 PM
The basis for the jig saw ratings appears to be popularity according to purchases made on Amazon. Most likely it was based on price not quality of product.

In the Sawsall video:
Apparently that expert had no idea what the presser foot is for, he was using a wide blade to cut a circle and his blade had too few teeth per inch for the material he was cutting.

Rich Neighbarger
01-26-2011, 12:39 PM
I've seen cleaner cuts made by beavers...

Too funny. I couldn't agree more.

Izzy Camire
01-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Yes but were the beavers in an angry mood?

johnny means
01-26-2011, 9:41 PM
When will a moderator step in and delete this filth? This is no place for these types of videos:D

michael case
01-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Wow! I have been in error for years. Thank heaven I saw that video. I'm dumping all my Dewalt, Bosch, and Milwaukee tools and buying Black and Decker tools instead.

Brian Penning
01-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Hmmm..they were smart not to allow comments below the video....grrrrr..

Loren Hedahl
01-28-2011, 2:31 PM
Wow! I have been in error for years. Thank heaven I saw that video. I'm dumping all my Dewalt, Bosch, and Milwaukee tools and buying Black and Decker tools instead.

If you haven't already sprung for a bunch of the latest B & D power tools, you might hop on down to your local Harbor Freight store. They have jig saws in both orange and blue. You could probably have one of each color for not much more than a single B & D.

Another thing is they have a pretty good return policy. If you have your own business the mileage back and forth is tax deductible. Nothing like saving taxes with your tool purchases.

hank dekeyser
01-28-2011, 7:33 PM
Hey, that sawzall vid was too cool !! hahahhahaahaha wow, it is sometimes amazing what some people think is worth making a video of. You'd think that after the first 2-3 times he had to stop they would have started over at least w/ a thicker piece of plywood (then again, maybe that was the 2nd or 3rd attempt ??)- criminy at least do it out of 3/4" stock so we can at least watch him make some smoke. I like how he's cussing under his breath as he fights with it. TOOO Funny ! It was like watching paint dry. Damn rookies

NOW for my opinion of the best use of spewtube - check out "the annoying orange" vids THATS some funny $hit

Scott Hildenbrand
01-28-2011, 11:01 PM
All the video is, is a feeder for their affiliate link to Amazon. I'm sure if you sort things on Amazon the order is (or was at the time) correct per their perspective.

I want my 2 minutes back.

Curt Harms
01-29-2011, 8:40 AM
<snip>
On the other hand, it makes my feeble efforts look like Norm Abram. ;)

Thanks for the link!

See? Even the sorriest video has a useful purpose :cool: :D.