PDA

View Full Version : Old Iron on old TV!

Clisby Clark
01-25-2011, 6:06 PM
My nine year old daughter's favorite show is "Leave it to Beaver" so we got a dvd from Blockbuster. There was an episode where Wally and the Beav had some other kids over and Wally showed the other kids a birdhouse that he couldn't get together. The other kid says he needs to use a mortise joint (on a birdhouse???) and proceeds to get a mallet and chisel to cut the joint. Another scene showed a decent looking RAS set up in the garage. Looks like the Warden was one of the original hybrid woodworkers.

Aaron Berk
01-25-2011, 6:14 PM
There's always some cool stuff hiding in the back ground of those old shows.

I watched The Beav on youtube with my kids the other night "Eddies Girl" was the title, and Wards got a shopsmith tucked in his shop too.

Never saw the RAS, what was the episode you saw it in?

Clisby Clark
01-25-2011, 9:42 PM
I don't know the name of the episode, but it was the one where Ward wants the boys to read Tom Sawyer and then has to leave on business on Saturday just as he was starting to paint the garage doors...The boys say they'll paint, then realize painting is a drag and try the old "Tom Sawyer paint trick" on Lumpy and Larry who don't fall for the trick. Beaver finally gets a five year old kid to paint but within two minutes the kid dumps the paint all over himself. We saw "Eddie's Girl" last week. That Wally was a babe MAGNET!

Aaron Berk
01-25-2011, 9:46 PM
LOL, yeah Wally was the MAN there huh?

I'll have to check out youtube and find the Tom Sawyer episode, I'm a sucker for a RAS.

Even if I only get to catch a glimpse.

I'm actually working on mine tonight, Model GA DeWalt.

Dave Lehnert
01-25-2011, 10:37 PM
The Shopsmith can be seen at the 6:35 mark, the RAS at the 8:30 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvXQY6XU-es&feature=player_embedded#!

Aaron Berk
01-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey Dave, were you posting a link also?