PDA

View Full Version : Need Help on Manufacturer/Model - Jointer from Craigslist

Alex Knapp
01-25-2011, 10:40 AM
So I'm trying to figure out the manufacturer/model/year for a jointer being sold on Craiglist. Any help would be much appreciated.

CPeter James
01-25-2011, 12:03 PM
The exact brand escapes me right now, but many years ago I had one that looked just like that. It had an aluminum fence that is not the best, but the most serious problem is that on the side of the jointer shaft opposite the motor there was a small bronze bushing instead of ball bearing and the shaft had some wear to it and the was a bit of looseness in it. This cause the thing to not produce a smooth cut. The fence adjustment was not good and all in all it was one of my worst purchases and I ended giving it away just to get rid of it. Check this over carefully before you buy and even then, I think there are better ones out there no matter what the price is if this is like the one that I had.

CPeter

Kirk Poore
01-25-2011, 3:38 PM
Darra-James, possibly badged as Powr-Kraft, late 40's or 50's. Here's another one:http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=2453

That fence doesn't look like aluminum to me--I'd say cast iron. Should be a good little 4" jointer, especially if you get the stand with it.

Kirk