PDA

View Full Version : LED Cake Toppers Lighted Base, where can I get some of these?

Ron Thompson
01-24-2011, 9:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

I found this very cool lighted LED base for the tops of cakes on ebay (180603067299).
Does anyone know where I can order some or who makes them?

They sell them for $10 so they have to be cheaper. They use two 9 volt batteries.

Ron in San Jose

Jiten Patel
01-25-2011, 4:35 AM
I need these too. Cant find them anywhere. Need one really long one too. 900mm long.

Frank Corker
01-25-2011, 6:32 AM
Jit 900mm is going to be some piece of cake! I assume you just mean underlit stuff. I did a search on ebay when I wanted to do some underlighting, I eventually found what I was looking for by looking at fish tank lighting. Flexible rubber like material which was waterproof, but the stuff is all 12v so you would probably have to get something like a phone charger to power it all up. Still does the trick though.

Jiten Patel
01-25-2011, 10:50 AM
I love the cake!

Yea i tried ebay, but I guess I was searching for the wrong thing. You used "underlighting?"

I need it for a sign. Need to laser our logo into a piece of acrylic. About 900mmx350mm. Then light it up. Companies are charging a fortune for something i know how to produce, just need some one willing to engrave the acrylic for me on their big big x y laser (hint hint) and need to find a suitable base.

Frank Corker
01-25-2011, 8:34 PM
My laser bed is on 24" x 18" so not the 36" work bed you would need. However the piece could be pushed in through the front, half engraved, turned around and the other half done.

The lights I used can be seen in the base of this workpiece. You will see that there are a row of lights seperated by about a half inch. I drilled small holes into the acrylic sheet, pressed the lights upwards and into the holes, turned it on. Sign lit up!

William Milligan
01-31-2011, 11:42 AM
Jit,
You could try your hand at making your own stand. Just do a search for LED strips and you'll come up with a bunch of options. I recently purchased some from these guys: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Flight_bars-flexible.html ...they shipped quickly and the price wasn't too bad. As for the size of the piece fitting in a laser...I'd have to agree with Frank...you might have do the job in two parts by pushing it through the front doing one end and then doing the other end in another pass. Might be a bit dicey/tricky to get everything to line up just right but theoretically it should work.