PDA

View Full Version : Anybody heard anything about Donnie Raines

Mike Tempel
01-13-2005, 12:32 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Donnie lately. I remember reading about his having to back off from WWing for a while and was concerned as to how he might be doing now. Any information would be welcome.

Thanks, Mike

Donnie Raines
01-13-2005, 8:25 AM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for thinking of me. Everything is well. I had the procedure on the 31st of December(made for a great New Year's) and find myself in tip top shape now. The cyst's that were removed were indeed benign so that was a big weight off our shoulders.

Now back to woodworking: while I have limited tools, I do have some basics...and have been useing them. I had started on a Shaker tall clock just before all this happen. I have been working on that over the past weekend and will post some pix when done. It has been fun working the way I did when I first started into all of this!

Thanks again!

Dan Gill
01-13-2005, 9:05 AM
... The cyst's that were removed were indeed benign ...

Let's hear it for benign cysts! That's the best kind, if you have to have cysts, that is. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm very glad you came through okay and things are looking up. Keep up the woodworking and the posting.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-13-2005, 9:31 AM
Donnie....glad everything went well! It's good to see you on the forum again!

Kurt Aebi
01-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Donnie,

Glad to hear things are progressing well & Benign is such a Great word to hear!

Glad to see ya back on th eforum and to hear you are back in the shop - probably the 2 most important medicines you can have!

Jerry Olexa
01-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Donnie, Glad you're back and WWing again. Take care...

Randy Moore
01-13-2005, 11:29 AM
:D Donnie,

Glad you back and hope you don't have to sell any more tools or anything else! Happy the everything turned out OK and glad to see you back in the Creek.

Randy:)

Roger Fitzsimonds
01-13-2005, 1:03 PM
Donnie,

Glad you are back and everything came out well.

Roger

Mike Tempel
01-13-2005, 2:18 PM
Thanks for letting us know that you are OK. Just been thinking about you and now that my curiousity is satisfied I must admit that now I can't wait to see how that clock turns out!!
Glad to hear you are doing good. Hope you can restock your shop soon so you can be back up to full speed again.
Thanks, Mike

Ron Jones near Indy
01-13-2005, 5:22 PM
Glad things are going well.

Ted Shrader
01-13-2005, 5:36 PM
Donnie -

What great news! Glad you are back at it. Has to be some therapy in that. The tools will come back slowly and with what you have learned, even better choices.

Ted

Martin Shupe
01-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Donnie,

Glad to hear the operation was successful and the cysts were benign.

Charles McKinley
01-22-2005, 2:04 AM
Hi Donnie,

Great news. I hope you are making a full recovery.

Frank Pellow
01-22-2005, 8:06 AM
Donnie, I am glad that things went well for you. It's a great sign of your recovery that you are back to woodworking so quickly.

Dd you think that you will persist with a limited set of tools or do you expect to "stock up" again sometime?

Rich Konopka
01-22-2005, 11:11 AM
Donnie,

Glad to hear that you have a clean bill of health. I look forward to seeing you mug on the cover of PW.

David Fried
01-23-2005, 9:29 AM
Health is number one - good news!

Many of us have limited tools and a Shaker Tall clock is on my short dream list so please keep us posted. Maybe that way you can make half the mistakes and I can make half the mistakes!