PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
01-24-2011, 10:51 AM
24 Jan 2011

Good Morning Everyone,
It's been a very busy week but the best part of the week and this past weekend is that I got to spend some most excellent time with the family.

The LOML Jr is making a list of things she wants Dad to make. The LOML ordered me a book "Make Your Own Kitchen Utensils" and it's a awesome book. Lots of ideas and plenty enough to keep me busy for a while making the already list out of the book that both the LOML and the LOML Jr want made. Looks like I'll be spending a bit of time in the shop for a while.

We've been busy working talking with the LOML Jr and her soon and coming husband. They've set a date of 28 May of this year. Now we are in the throws of attitudes, desires, and constant mood changes...all because of the relationship and the wedding. I do have my work cut out for me as a Dad to keep order and peace in the family as we walk through this phase of life...and I accept that challenge.

Well, that's all for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Stay Warm and Best of Weeks to you all.!!!

Matt Meiser
01-24-2011, 1:13 PM
I spent basically the whole weekend doing IT support at home and for my parents. We are switching internet service again so I had to configure a new router and because of that make other changes to network config at home. Also, I updated the main family laptop to Win7 which I did as a fresh install. Then we went over to my parents and I updated my mom's new netbook with more RAM and updated her older laptop which she hasn't used in several months and had (literally) 52 updates and out-of-date AV software. We're trying to get her off her aging, failing desktop.

Good weekend to do all of that since it was bitter cold outside, I'm just coming off a bad cold from earlier in the week, and I also did something to my back.

BOB OLINGER
01-24-2011, 1:30 PM
Finished installing 6 of 21 florescent lights in my shop. Then, started a major cleaning/reorganization. Surprised at how much room I really have when things are stored properly along with better organization. A little more reorganization then on to setting up the new Sawstop. Might mention a couple of football games on Sunday got my attention.

Van Huskey
01-24-2011, 1:49 PM
Picked up another used bandsaw (makes 2 weekends in a row). Did a lot of "horsetrading". Had a Creeker visit to drop of a "rare" bandsaw fence that resulted from some of the horsetrading. He is lucky he lived close to the site of where I got the fence another 30 minutes with the fence and I would have kept it! During the Creeker visit I got to see some gorgeous bandsaws in different stages of refurb.

Victor Robinson
01-24-2011, 2:00 PM
Managed to make some headway on the underbench storage cabinet I've been working on for a long time. I worked on it so that I could keep the parts from getting in my way in other parts of the shop, and so I can have a place to put the tools that are taking up space elsewhere! Once I can get that done, I can convert the miter saw stand to a flip-top stand and make room for the planer, allowing me to repurpose the planer stand and save some floor space. That will free up room for the lumber cart I need to build, which will clear up space from all the lumber that's laying around. And THEN, maybe I'll actually have some space to work! Part of my never-ending shop organization/cleanup...

Ben Hatcher
01-24-2011, 4:54 PM
Built a face frame for a built in I'm making for my SO's studio. Somehow I let her talk me into making it out of mdf and trimming out the insides of the openings with beaded poplar instead of just doing them out of solid poplar. Well, she might have saved $50 but had we built them from poplar, I'd have finished on Saturday. Instead, I've still got 8 openings to finish up.

Mike Wilkins
01-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Congrats Dennis on the wedding. My oldest daughter also has a May 28 wedding date. Really nice future son-in-law with a great family. Nice to see your siblings off to a great life start.
Woodworking activities: 2 more coats of poly on the top of 2 end tables/cabinets I have been working on for what seems like forever. Trying not to exercise too many cuss words when I break off a brass screw while installing hinges. I pre-drilled, used steel starter screws, and used a hand held screwdriver, and still get a broken screw head. Argghhh.

David Hostetler
01-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Worked on perfecting shooting technique for using a light tent to help with advertising my BILs business. Got started on a proper router table fence for my TS extension wing router table. Moved loose stuff from under the long workbench into totes to try to keep things a bit cleaner, and spent some quality time catching up on much needed sleep. Due to some family related health issues and middle of the night trips to the ER, I had a stretch n the middle of last week where I was pulling 12 - 14 hour workdays and getting maybe 2 - 4 hours a night sleep... I was a wreck by Friday...

Jim Becker
01-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Aside from enduring my riding lesson in the balmy 20ºF air on Saturday, I played plumber and fixed the leaky drain on the whirlpool tub in the girls' bathroom and did some other home maintenance that had been needing done for some time. Also finally took down the Christmas tree. It was time.

Keith Westfall
01-28-2011, 1:45 AM
Jim, Good call on the tree!