PDA

View Full Version : One of those days

Dick Parr
01-12-2005, 9:50 PM
It has been one of those day's, when ya just want to stay in bed.

This is what is left of the piece of cherry a friend gave me that I made the last big cherry bowl from, it came from a tree they had cut down in their yard. I wanted to make him and his wife a bowl from it. I guess I will still give it to them if they want it. Was 90% complete (when thinning the bottom) when Boom :eek: (I'm getting good at ducking :D ), this was my first big boom. The piece landed about 10 feet behind me in one piece on the work table.

Looked at it for a little bit before I decided to bring out the CA and see if I can salvage this bowl (ya got to love that stuff). :rolleyes: There is a hair line where it broke off that I couldn't get to close up. If ya didn't know it was there it would take a little bit too see it. It was 7-3/4" x 2-1/4", but now is 7-1/2" x 1-3/4" after the repair.

John M. Cioffi
01-13-2005, 7:00 AM
....And whalla! it dissapeared!!!

Nice repair job Dick. How would anyone know.I'm really impressed that it is so perfect.
Thanks for sharing.
John

Randy Moore
01-13-2005, 7:50 AM
Crack, I don't see a crack.

Looks real good.

Randy

John Miliunas
01-13-2005, 7:50 AM
Hey Dick, a regular Houdini you are! :D Nice save and it looks just fine! Good job.:) :cool:

Michael Stafford
01-13-2005, 8:15 AM
What repair, I don't see no stinkin' repair! Good save, Dick! Sometimes the measure of a woodworker is his ability to fix things so they are not noticeable. Nice looking bowl!

Dave Brandt
01-13-2005, 2:36 PM
Yeah, sure they're the same bowl! Right! No really, I believe you. ;)

David Wilson
01-13-2005, 3:07 PM
Dick
Nice repair job on a nice bowl. The crack is not visible on the pic you posted.

Steve Stube
01-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Dick, I agree with the others it is beautiful now but why the BOOM???

Dick Parr
01-14-2005, 8:39 AM
I am pretty sure it was wind shake. There was a little where the pith use to be and I used some CA glue to keep it together. I guess there was a hairline crack further in that I didn't see. In Bill's DVD he states that if you have a piece that has wind shake you might as well toss it. He was right. :D