PDA

View Full Version : Missed an item on CL again...

Mike Cruz
01-23-2011, 5:57 PM
Well, I know I've done pretty well on CL, and I've gotten everything from steals to decent deals. But I just missed a PM 24" scroll saw for $150. I answered the ad a little over an hour after it was posted. Tell me it was a junky saw. Tell me it was overpriced. Tell me I'm better off without it. Lie to me. I'll feel a whole lot better.

Not sure how the "no pics didn't happen" thing works on deal missed, but the ad has been deleted so I can't link a pic...:(

Stephen Cherry
01-23-2011, 6:04 PM
You didn't deserve it.

David Warkentin
01-23-2011, 6:12 PM
Come on. You should spend your money on turning stuff. Do you hear a sucking sound?

glenn bradley
01-23-2011, 6:24 PM
Yeah, that's a terrible saw. You are sooooo lucky you didn't get burned on that one. A 20" will do ya fine. They are fun though; I'm not a big scroll saw guy but I did just finished fretting this top for a valentine's box. I just got in from putting the carcass in clamps:

Andrew Joiner
01-23-2011, 6:25 PM
Well then I'd have to say YOU DON'T SUCK.

Dan Hintz
01-23-2011, 7:17 PM
Well then I'd have to say YOU DON'T SUCK.
Well let's not be too hasty now, shall we? ;)

Chip Lindley
01-23-2011, 8:16 PM
Mike, in all honesty, Relax! Those old scroll saws that use pinned blades with spring recoil are guilty of backlash and lots of blade breakage. Scroll saws have made great strides since PM and Delta put out those old CI models. Some old machines just can't compete with newer designs. Very thin pinless blades can make VERY fine, intricate cuts as below:

intarsia

fretwork

Mike Cruz
01-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Thank you all, for making me feel better. Well, most of you...:D Chip, that's just what I wanted to hear. And thanks for not telling me what a new PM 24" would cost because that would get me pining again... ;)