PDA

View Full Version : Invicta Jointer DI-20

Juan Rivera
01-12-2005, 8:18 PM
I've recently come across an 8" jointer (DI-20) made by Invicta in Brazil. This is supposed to be the company who used to build the DJ-20 for Delta. As matter of fact the jointer is an identical copy of the Delta except for the fence (its made of alluminum and its taller) and the motor is made by WEG.

Is anybody familliar with company or the product and what do you guys know about this motor manufacturer?

Juan Rivera

Jim Dunn
01-12-2005, 8:22 PM
Juan,

Can't help you with your question at all sorry. But couldn't help but notice that you joined the CREEK just today. Let me be the first to welcome you:)

Jim

Ted Shrader
01-12-2005, 8:46 PM
Juan -

Welcome to the Creek. It is a great place to find helpful information. Unfortunately I can't help with this one, but I am sure someone can.

Welcome,
Ted

Chuck Wintle
01-12-2005, 8:49 PM
Try this link......

http://www.invicta-usa.com/jointers1.html

Dick Parr
01-12-2005, 8:54 PM
Welcome to the SMC. :D

Bob Hesser
01-12-2005, 9:51 PM
Have you seen this Invicta on eBay...

Moderator removed direct link to E-Bay Auction - Violates SMC TOS.

Motor is 3 phase though.

Gary Sutherland
01-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Juan...

I have the Invicta DI-42.

http://www.invicta.com.br/usa/img/di42.gif

To be fair, part of the reason I bought it over other makes is that I lucked out and got it (new) for 1/2 of the price you can get it for anywhere now. That said, it's an excellent machine. Invicta did make Delta DJ jointers and when Delta decided Taiwan was cheaper and moved there, Invicta continued to market them but under their own name. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

As far as WEG motors go, I believe the two motors Delta uses on their UniSaws are Marathon and WEG. As far as I know, they are made in Brazil.

Anyway, they're great machines, and while there are other very good brands out there, if you can get it at a super price it's a good choice.

Good luck with your hunt...

Gary

Jim Barrett
01-13-2005, 12:19 AM
The DJ 20 I once owned was made by Invicta in Brazil, it was a fine machine.

Jim

Juan Rivera
01-13-2005, 9:43 PM
Hello guys ! Thanks for the feedback. I really enjoy the website and will be around for a while.

Best Regards,

Juan Rivera