PDA

View Full Version : e-mail problem

Rick Moyer
01-23-2011, 3:51 PM
All of a sudden I am having a problem. If I receive an email from for example, Woodcraft; and I click on one of their links to see their sale flyer or whatever, I am unable to open the link. Now I MAY have changed something in security, but I'm not sure.
Where should I be checking or looking to rectify this?

Jim Rimmer
01-23-2011, 7:50 PM
I'm no PC guy but I have a similar problem with FWW emails (only them). I click on the link and I get a page full of ASCII characters. To see it I have to go up to the url and start on the right hand end and delete until I get to the first (?) backslash and then hit ENTER then it works. I'm sure there is an easier way but I don't know it.

Rick Moyer
01-23-2011, 8:36 PM
I'm not getting ASCII characters. I'm not getting anything. When I click the screen blinks very quickly but does not change. It is doing this whether the e-mail is McFeeley's, Woodcraft, or anyone. It even does it to older e-mails that I WAS able to view before.

Myk Rian
01-23-2011, 8:52 PM
I never click on a link in a FWW e-mail. That's where you get viruses, malware, all kinds of crap.

Many links in e-mails have user info, or search terms in them. That's why they don't always work.
Even links in commercial e-mails can be bad or scrambled. All depends on the abilities of who put the message together.

Jim Koepke
01-23-2011, 9:48 PM
All of a sudden I am having a problem. If I receive an email from for example, Woodcraft; and I click on one of their links to see their sale flyer or whatever, I am unable to open the link. Now I MAY have changed something in security, but I'm not sure.
Where should I be checking or looking to rectify this?

It can all depend on the mail reader you are using and the system you are running.

My first guess would be that you may have hit a button in the border of your email reader that changes things from html to plain text.

Another guess is one of your security preferences was somehow changed. In my Mail reader it is the first menu that has the preferences selection.

Then my question would be if there was an upgrade just before this occurred?

jtk

Rick Moyer
01-23-2011, 10:18 PM
It's working again. I went in and changed something in security. It was not allowing HTML's. Thanks Jim.