PDA

View Full Version : Worksharp on B/O From Home Depot

fRED mCnEILL
01-23-2011, 1:07 AM
Has anyone received theikr Worksharp 3000 from Home Depot that was Back order a while ago?

Matt Day
01-23-2011, 2:08 AM
They said it would take up to 30 days. I haven't heard of anyone getting theirs yet.

cecil dean
01-23-2011, 7:55 AM
Guess the shipping dept is going to be very busy in the next week. LOL I have had mine on order since Dec 30th but still think HD will not ship. I belive they just did this to get the heat off them on all the forums at that time. If they don't ship we should keep the heat up on them in all the forums.
Cecil

David Prince
01-23-2011, 9:02 AM
HD said they would come through on this. We just need to be patient and give them a chance. I am patiently waiting for mine!:D

Terry Welty
01-23-2011, 9:03 AM
I'm 99% sure it's a done deal, I've heard back from the CEO of Work Sharp, Hank O'Dougherty, he seems like an awesome guy, with a great company... I'm of the opinion it's going to happen. I had ordered the 2000 for my father-in-law and a 3000 for me. The 2000 came and I gave it to him (after trying it out on a super heavily abused chisel), so I am betting that the 3000's will be sent out as promised... or I woud have kept the 2000. The 2000 worked great, by the way!

I am like a kid on Christmas eve though.....

fRED mCnEILL
01-23-2011, 11:31 AM
I think they will send them out. As mentioned I had trouble ordering one as I live in Canada and they wouldn't take my Canadian credit card (M/C). (I have a US shipping address and buy stuf from the US regularily so this shouldn't have been anything out of the ordinary)Then they phoned me to say that if I bought a gift card in ANY HD(including Canada) they would accept that. So I did but they would not accept that either and the Canadian store I bought it from wouldn't refund the gift card either. So I sent an email to the CEO and the next morning I had a reply AND a phone call from his assistant who was upset at the treatment I got and was going to follow up at all levels. She said because of what I had to go through they were going to send me one at no charge. I was also under the impression it might take a while.

Gary Hodgin
01-23-2011, 11:35 AM
My email from HD, dated 12-30-2010 stated that I should receive it within 30 business days, which would be sometime around mid-Feb.

cecil rolfe
01-24-2011, 9:55 AM
Got an e-mail from HD today apologizing for the delay in shipping. Assured me it is still on order and will be shipped when available.

Mike Monroe
01-24-2011, 1:15 PM
A year ago or so HD reneged on nailer deal they had going. So I've crossed HD off my list of places I shop at.

Norman Hitt
01-25-2011, 5:13 PM
I got an email from HD today also, apologizing for the delay in shipping. It didn't give any additional info on shipping date, but did confirm that the order would still be delivered when available unless I wanted to cancel the order.

Paul Wunder
01-25-2011, 6:52 PM
I also got an email from HD saying the same thing as Norman's letter. I'll wait them out.

Paul

Greg Labacz
01-26-2011, 9:49 AM
I just got my email from HD also saying the same as Norman's letter. Still waiting.....

Ron Natalie
01-26-2011, 1:33 PM
I believe that's there standard Back Order letter. Federal law requires them to notify you and give you the option of canceling on any mail order that's going to take more than 30 days to deliver.

Casey Carr
01-26-2011, 3:07 PM
They'd better send it out as I've already bought over $100 worth of accessories for the darn thing!

Will Rowland
01-27-2011, 12:47 PM
FWIW, Home Depot just charged my card this morning for the amount of my Worksharp order, so presumably they will be shipping soon.

Glenn Vaughn
01-27-2011, 1:05 PM
FWIW, Home Depot just charged my card this morning for the amount of my Worksharp order, so presumably they will be shipping soon.

My card was charged as well today.

Kevin Gregoire
01-27-2011, 1:59 PM
Giddy-up mine was charged today also!

i wonder what i get to work *cough* play *cough* with first, my worksharp or my drill doctor??

Ron Natalie
01-27-2011, 10:24 PM
I got one, but I think it's just an automatic thing they send after 30 days. Federal law requires them to notify you when they can't ship within 30 days and give you the option to cancel.

Norman Hitt
01-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Aha, I just checked my email and found that three hours ago, HD sent me an email notifying me that my ORDER HAD SHIPPED at 7:21 PM EST "TODAY" by UPS. It didn't say where it shipped from or the expected arrival date, just said standard shipping, but did give a link to UPS Tracking, so I guess I will check that tomorrow. Looks like it is REALLY going to Happen this time. Yee Haw!!!!!

Terry Welty
01-28-2011, 8:02 AM
Awesome! Don't forget to send a thank you note to Work Sharp... I think they were a key player on getting this fiasco fixed. Doing some research on the Work Sharp company has left me nothing but impressed... An American made tool, let me repeat that, an American made tool- with a great record of customer satisfaction, battling the imports that we all complain about. I think I'll have a warm and fuzzy feeling every time I sharpen a chisel while whistling Yankee Doodle.

Michael Heffernan
01-28-2011, 8:11 AM
Just received a shipping confirmation email for my WorkSharp 3000. UPS is delivering it today. Let you know when I get it.

mark kosse
01-28-2011, 8:33 AM
I got an email saying mine shipped so they'll be coming

Derek Gilmer
01-28-2011, 8:40 AM
I think this thread: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?156028-Work-Sharp-at-Home-Depot/page4 is the "official" smc worksharp/HD thread.

David Prince
01-28-2011, 8:58 AM
HD could have dropped the ball on this, but they did the right thing.

Greg Labacz
01-28-2011, 10:43 AM
I just got a email from HD that my WS 3000 has shipped

Mike Blessing
01-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Got my shipping notice, too.

David Castor
01-28-2011, 11:51 AM
I received an e-mail notification of shipping from HD this morning with a UPS tracking number. UPS says they do not actually have the package yet - so I assume it is ready for pickup. I guess I can take the leather and polishing wheels out of the box now. 8-)

Michael Flores
01-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I guess I have bad luck

Glenn Vaughn
01-28-2011, 3:38 PM
I received an e-mail notification of shipping from HD this morning with a UPS tracking number. UPS says they do not actually have the package yet - so I assume it is ready for pickup. I guess I can take the leather and polishing wheels out of the box now. 8-)

Did you get the email earlier about contacting them to confirm you wanted it?
When you chack status at home depot.com you need to use the confirmation number that was in the followup email. The order number and date on the screen shot look like the original order - which is truly cancelled.

I just double checked and I have 2 orders - 1 cancelled and one shipped.

One additional point. If you look at orders under "My Account" the valid order will not show. You need to go to customer service and click "Check Order Status"
then enter your email and the confirmation number in the boxes on the "Non-registered user" side of the screen.

John Daugherty
01-28-2011, 4:39 PM
just checked, mine's on its way. Should be here Monday.

Greg Labacz
01-29-2011, 10:07 AM
mine is coming in on Monday:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mike Heidrick
01-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Mine shipped but the tracking number is wrong. They got my CC card number correct though LOL.

Ron Natalie
01-29-2011, 11:31 AM
I just got an automated EMAIL saying mine was shipped YESTERDAY...woohoo!