PDA

View Full Version : Highland Woodworking, great CS

John Coloccia
01-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Back in November, I received a new Woodslicer. Did I mention how much I like this blade? Anyhow, it was time to bust it out last night. I toss it on the bandsaw, and within seconds it's obvious I have a bad weld. I took it often and checked just to be sure, and it was BAD. Shucks. Perfect end to a very bad workshop day!

I called Highland this morning. She asked for my name, I gave it to her. She said they have them in stock, and she'll send it right out with return postage for the old blade included. It all happened so quickly that I hardly even remember the conversation except for the part when she asked, "Do you know how to fold a bandsaw blade?". I started laughing and told her, "With a 143" blade, I'd better know how to fold and unfold it or I'll take me head off!". She mentioned that a lot of people just shove it back in the package and cause a big mess.

Anyhow, I was over their 60 day return window by a bit. I was half expecting them to tell me to go pound sand, and honestly it would have been 100% my fault for not checking it when it came in. I would have just sucked it up and ordered another one.

I don't know what it is, but it seems that I generally get world class service from woodworking suppliers. Other than a handful of idiots I've dealt with over the years, my experiences always seem to be pretty good!

Van Huskey
01-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Great store and people, anyone who gets to Atlanta should make it a must see.

ken gibbs
01-21-2011, 1:18 AM
You should have bought a Timbersolf. My new TW 3 tpi is fantastic right out of the box.

John Coloccia
01-21-2011, 6:52 AM
You should have bought a Timbersolf. My new TW 3 tpi is fantastic right out of the box.

I have plenty of Timberwolf blades. I like the Woodslicer better for resawing. I get bad welds with Timberwolf too, by the way, and so do a lot of other people. It's just one of those things that happens.

Gary Hodgin
01-21-2011, 8:48 AM
I've had great service from Highland as well. Got to visit the store a few years ago and really enjoyed it.