PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/ pictures since new format

Larry Heflin
01-20-2011, 9:29 PM
I cannot get picture sequences to display correctly since the recent changes. I'm using explorer, XP with latest service packs etc. . I was waiting to see if someone else posted regarding this, but I haven't seen such a post.

Here are the issues I'm having. First picture displays upon click. When I click "next" I get the spinning pizza which never goes away. The "close" button is also unresponsive. The only way to close the pop-up picture window is to page back and then return to the page I was on. If I click directly on another picture instead of using the "next" button the picture will show up, but it will be in the upper left of the page, meaning I have to scroll to the top of the page if I want to view it and then scroll back down to click the next picture.

Any insights?

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Heflin
01-21-2011, 1:36 PM
Apparently, this is not ringing any bells for anyone else. In fooling around I think I've narrowed the problem I am having with SMC to Explorer. I accessed the forum through Firefox and everything seems to be fine. I was also getting a lot of lag moving around the forum in explorer that appears to be absent in Firefox. It would be nice to know exactly why explorer has a problem, but I'll just use Firefox for now.

Larry

Steve Schlumpf
01-21-2011, 1:48 PM
Larry - I am using Windows 7 and Firefox as a browser - so had no idea why you were experiencing problems. I do know that IE seems to have it's own rules and it does not play well with every site. That was the main reason I switched over to Firefox a couple of years ago - and haven't looked back since!

Glad to hear that at least you can view things normally again!

Brian Tymchak
01-21-2011, 3:11 PM
I saw similar behavior once several days ago. I have XP / IE 8. I can't remember what thread I was looking at. I just wrote it off as an anomaly of the post. I haven't seen that behavior any other time. For instance, Van Huskey's thread on his bandsaw restore works fine for me: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?157734-Gloat-teaser-my-new-10-000-ounce-81-1-2-quot-long-baby

Brian