PDA

View Full Version : Mirror troubles

steven c newman
01-20-2011, 11:07 AM
I have one of those "Borg" medicene cabinets, with a door that is a beveled mirror. Mirror was just glued to a 3/8" plywood backer. The latch is one that you push the door in to open it. Just a pin at the top and bottom make a hinge, of sorts.

Well, mirror breaks. Now I need a way to replace the mirror. Pieces are still glued in place (most of them), but is a bit hard to see to shave. There is a "oak" face frame around the door opening. Mirror size is 14" wide, by 19-5/8 long. Beveled edges. PS: this is in a rental place ( I'm the rentee) Suggestions?:confused:

Lee Schierer
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Measure the size of the mirror and do a google search for ? x ? beveled glass mirror and see if you can find one the same size. Buy that mirror and glue it to the plywood backer or make a new backer from a piece of 3/8 plywood and reuse or make a new oak frame. Or go to a local glass shop and order a beveled glass mirror the same size.

Compare the price of both options to the price of buying a new BORG medicine cabinet with a mirror door.