PDA

View Full Version : Replace switch on Unisaw

Joe Kieve
01-19-2011, 4:36 PM
Hey guys. I need to replace the start/stop switch on my newly acquired Unisaw 36-810, 3hp, 1 ph., rt. tilt. Looked online at Grizzly and saw their G4573 switch. It looks like it's what I need but just wanted to check with you guys before I order.

Thanks in advance for your input.

joe

Rod Sheridan
01-19-2011, 5:55 PM
Hey guys. I need to replace the start/stop switch on my newly acquired Unisaw 36-810, 3hp, 1 ph., rt. tilt. Looked online at Grizzly and saw their G4573 switch. It looks like it's what I need but just wanted to check with you guys before I order.

Thanks in advance for your input.

joe

Hi Joe, I looked that starter up and it has an overload adjustment range of 17 to 24 Amperes.

I owned a General 650 3 HP saw, and it had a premium efficiency/power factor motor that only required 12.5 Amperes, so the starter you listed wouldn't be suitable for my 3 HP saw.

You will have to check your motor nameplate for the FLA (Full Load Amperes) and select a starter with the correct overload adjustment range, and set the overload to the motor FLA.

If your motor nameplate is within 17 to 24 Amperes, then you're fine with that starter.

Regards, Rod.

Joe Kieve
01-19-2011, 6:12 PM
Rod,
Thanks for your quick response. I looked at the motor and the FLA is 10.0-14.0. So I guess that means I need to keep looking for a switch in that range.
Thanks again,
Joe

Rod Sheridan
01-19-2011, 6:33 PM
Joe, Grizzly may have a model in that range, maybe send them an e-mail and ask?

Regards, Rod.