PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Freud Cabinetmaker’s Crosscut LU73M (FK, 60T) blade?

Alex Sauvage
01-19-2011, 11:55 AM
My local orange BORG got those blades on sale for 40$ (down from 95$, or so they claim). I was contemplating getting one as my "main" table saw blade ( I still got dedicated ripping Freud blade for heavy duty work) and was wondering if anybody here has experience with this blade.
There are a lot of good reviews of somewhat similar LU88 (TK, 60T) blade with people using it as "go to blade" for everything but heavy ripping. but not so much for LU73. And another question: would FK blade be too much for Ridgit contractor saw 3650 and I am better off with TK blade?

Lee Schierer
01-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I have one. I think I picked p at Rocklers (maybe Woodcraft) a few years ago on sale for $40. Crosscuts in hard wood are extremely smooth with little tear out on a ZCI equipped saw. I save it for fine cuts. It also works great for cutting thin veneer plywoods. $40 is a good price.

Van Huskey
01-19-2011, 2:38 PM
I can't speak to how it will work on that saw but it is a fine blade BUT the LU88 will likely be a better all around blade, it just shines even in cuts it should not. BTW the "real" price for that blade is $65 which is what it goes for at full price retailers like Woodcraft.

Alex Sauvage
01-19-2011, 3:34 PM
I can't speak to how it will work on that saw but it is a fine blade BUT the LU88 will likely be a better all around blade, it just shines even in cuts it should not. BTW the "real" price for that blade is $65 which is what it goes for at full price retailers like Woodcraft.
Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately one of the problems of living in Canada is that our prices are overinflated (even when our $ is at par US) and buying on-line gets expensive pretty fast due to higher shipping and custom charges. So a bargain in local store is hard to pass by.

Van Huskey
01-19-2011, 3:44 PM
Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately one of the problems of living in Canada is that our prices are overinflated (even when our $ is at par US) and buying on-line gets expensive pretty fast due to higher shipping and custom charges. So a bargain in local store is hard to pass by.

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't a good deal US or Canada, just passing on the info so you would have a better idea of how good the deal really was.