PDA

View Full Version : New Lee Valley product

Dave Lehnert
01-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Is it possible to get excited about a shopping bag?
Now how cool is that. And only 0.95

Lee Schierer
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
I bet if you stop by their booth at the next woodshow and buy a bunch of stuff they would give you one to tote your purchases around the show.

Jim Mattheiss
01-19-2011, 7:16 PM
I bet if you stop by their booth at the next woodshow and buy a bunch of stuff they would give you one to tote your purchases around the show.

Buy a bunch of stuff and get a bag? At those prices they ought to walk around behind you at the show carrying your purchase! :D

I'm just kidding (no bashing involved -just more than a little bit of jealousy). The only things I've bought from LV are some rare earth magnets . . . ;)

Cheers

Jim

Rick Moyer
01-19-2011, 7:36 PM
OH, if only they were insulated, too! ;)

Dave Lehnert
01-19-2011, 9:47 PM

Funny you say that.

I was just at a woodshow and in true Lee Valley fashion they did not give away the $0.95 bag but the $2.90 Lee Valley tote. Did not have buy a thing to get one. Had them stacked by the booth to help yourself.

Rod Sheridan
01-20-2011, 9:24 AM
Funny you say that.

I was just at a woodshow and in true Lee Valley fashion they did not give away the $0.95 bag but the $2.90 Lee Valley tote. Did not have buy a thing to get one. Had them stacked by the booth to help yourself.

OK this a gloat.

As a Canadian I read the forum and this US member found this deal, and that one found another deal, and on and on it goes, at prices that Canadians only dream about.

Well, this is a true Canadian gloat...............I live in a town with 3 Lee Valley stores and I have both of those bags.:p

There, no matter how childish a gloat I feel better.:D

Regards, Rod.

Ron Conlon
01-20-2011, 9:53 AM
OK this a gloat.

As a Canadian I read the forum and this US member found this deal, and that one found another deal, and on and on it goes, at prices that Canadians only dream about.

Well, this is a true Canadian gloat...............I live in a town with 3 Lee Valley stores and I have both of those bags.:p

There, no matter how childish a gloat I feel better.:D

Regards, Rod.

I didn't know igloos had internet access.

Art Mulder
01-20-2011, 10:37 AM

I've seen LVT at woodshows for years, and never seen it run like this. Do they actually sell product at the shows in the US? Here in Canada the LVT booth at woodshows are "show" booths - they show + demo stuff. If you buy something it is shipped to you (free shipping) from LVT headquarters. There is never anything to pick up at the booth!

Lee Schierer
01-20-2011, 10:44 AM
I've seen LVT at woodshows for years, and never seen it run like this. Do they actually sell product at the shows in the US? Here in Canada the LVT booth at woodshows are "show" booths - they show + demo stuff. If you buy something it is shipped to you (free shipping) from LVT headquarters. There is never anything to pick up at the booth!

It has been so long since I've been to a woodshow, that I can't recall for sure if they actually sold anything from their booth or you just ordered stuff. Guess we need to plan another visit to Woodstock, ON......

David Weaver
01-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Two years ago at IWF I bought a bunch of stuff, and it was the same thing as art describes - put in your order, and I think it may have been free shipping, but I don't remember.

Art Mulder
01-20-2011, 4:13 PM
It has been so long since I've been to a woodshow, that I can't recall for sure if they actually sold anything from their booth or you just ordered stuff. Guess we need to plan another visit to Woodstock, ON......

Or to Hamilton next weekend... Hamilton Woodshow (http://www.hamiltonshows.com/Wood-Show.php). (includes free admission to the Canadian Warplane (http://www.warplane.com/) museum -- I've never actually been, but I've heard that both are very nice)

Rod Sheridan
01-20-2011, 6:18 PM

Of course my Igloo has internet access, I work for a satelite company.

This week I'm working in semi-tropical Mount Jackson Virginia this week, so I'm running air conditioning.:D

It was obvious Tuesday when I was outside with the construction crew, who was the Cannuck. I'm wearing a flannel shirt, they're wearing hoodies and a winter jacket. I wonder what they're going to do if winter ever comes here?

Regards, Rod.

Curt Harms
01-21-2011, 8:08 AM
Of course my Igloo has internet access, I work for a satelite company.

This week I'm working in semi-tropical Mount Jackson Virginia this week, so I'm running air conditioning.:D

It was obvious Tuesday when I was outside with the construction crew, who was the Cannuck. I'm wearing a flannel shirt, they're wearing hoodies and a winter jacket. I wonder what they're going to do if winter ever comes here?

Regards, Rod.

Hibernate? :D

At least the TV news shows will have something non-socio political to talk about:rolleyes:.

Rob Lee
01-24-2011, 3:49 PM

All the better to watch y'all try to play football when it's a bit "fresh" outside.....

:)

Cheers -

Rob
(only -25C here today, -38C with the windchill)

Dave Anderson NH
01-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Yer making me laugh Rod. I arrived at Colonial Williamsburg for a conference 4 or 5 years ago in January and had to listen to other attendees from NC, SC,VA, etcetera complain about the miserably cold +30F weather they had been having for a few days. I was standing around in flannels and a windbreaker and told them I had come down to bask in the sunshine and warm weather. The day before when I had left my home in Chester, NH at 6AM it had been -28F with about a 20 knot wind and further north in NH on Mt. Washington it was -42 with winds above 100mph. It's all a matter of perspective. I had figured that an almost 60 degree increase in the temperature after a 680 mile drive was pretty nice.