PDA

View Full Version : New Video: Making a tailstock follow block

Bob Hamilton
01-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi:
I have uploaded a new video to Youtube. This one is about making a custom wooden follow block for the tailstock center. My apologies for the sound quality. i can't figure out what is causing the "Max Headroom" stuttering in the audio track. Any suggestions on how to cure it would be welcome. The latest "upgrade" in my video editing software seems to have created more problems than it cured.
Take care
Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SQcx2Z2t0g

David E Keller
01-19-2011, 5:59 PM
Thanks for another great video... The drilling idea is a great one as well.

Christopher K. Hartley
01-19-2011, 8:16 PM
Thanks Bob, this is great!

Bob Bergstrom
01-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Great job on the video. Stuttering and audio problems usually are caused by one of three reasons. The take up heads are dirty, the tape is worn, or the tape may not be laying flat when passing over the take up drum. Using a video in a woodworking shop can contaminate the internals with dust. Cleaning the heads can be done with a commercial head cleaner or a cotton swab and alcohol.

Thom Sturgill
01-20-2011, 1:45 PM
Great! and very timely for me. I have been looking at taps for just that purpose.

ray hampton
01-20-2011, 2:07 PM
that is a lot of work to set-up for drilling a hole but the lathe will drill better holes compare to a drill press

Tim Thiebaut
01-20-2011, 2:08 PM
That is a nice tip Bob, I did something similar for my lathe a couple of weeks ago, but mine isnt threaded, it just slides on the end of the live center but serves the same purpose.

Bob Hamilton
01-20-2011, 8:08 PM
Thanks, all!

Bob, thanks for the thought, but the videos are 100% digital, no tape involved anywhere. They play back fine on the software that came with the camera but when I use my video editing software that stutter shows up. It used to play the output of my video camera fine but I have been having this problem since updating the software.

Take care
Bob